QUESTION Intermittent "no service" condition with Aastra 6757i phones

rchalk

Reaction score
I have several systems running IncrediblePBX 13-12 on RentPBX, and using Aastra 6757i phones. I have a problem with one system where some phones periodically go to "No Service". The office has Xfinity 1GB service with Static IP, and their box set to pass-through (bridge) mode. Then I have a Netgear router handling the in-house networking. I have SIP ALG set to Off. Anyone have any thoughts as to why the phones go off line at random? Thanks.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Mine does too, over a site to site VPN (ie no NAT). I can't figure out why - there is no interruption in network service and all other phones on the same connection don't. It's only the 6757 that does it. I think it's a firmware bug of some kind.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
We run 100's of 6757 (lab environment) at work and don't see any issues, albeit not against Asterisk. We always use the latest/greatest firmware from Mitel. Currently that is 3.3.1.4358. I have not checked what is on the provisioning server but that is what is installed on 2 phones that I checked.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I also run 4 of them at home and I don't notice this against Incredible 16-15-1 via OpenVPN tunnel to a cloud instance.

rchalk

Reaction score
I checked and found that the phones are running very old firmware. I have set the system to use 3.3.1.4365 ( a little newer than yours) and will see if that cures the problem. Thanks for the heads-up on this

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I checked and found that the phones are running very old firmware. I have set the system to use 3.3.1.4365 ( a little newer than yours) and will see if that cures the problem. Thanks for the heads-up on this
Can someone post pictures of their 57i button setup? Are any of you using aastra scripts on the latest incrediblepbx builds?

rchalk

Reaction score
I am using the original Aastra scripts on IncrediblePBX, Version 12.0.70 with success. I can send you the files and instructions if you will PM me your email address. See the attached screenshot for how I have set them up. (This happens to be a 6737i, but the settings are identical)
P1030886.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manne
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.