SUGGESTIONS Installing PIAF5 alongside Incredible PBX for WAZO

Bren Burrell

Reaction score
I would like to be able to evaluate PIAF5 & Incredible PBX for WAZO on a single computer by setting up a dual boot system.

When I initially installed Incredible PBX & Debian 8 I used the standard guided partitioning option which resulted in multiple LVM Virtual Groups (VG) with an LV each for swap, system (xfs), var (xfs); and 2 primary partitions/volumes(?):
#1 primary 254.8 MB ext3
#2 primary 499.9 GB lvm

Is it possible to manually partition the large #2 lvm volume using the Logical Volume Manager to make space so that I can install PIAF5? How should I do that?

Thanks for your help.

Bren Burrell

Reaction score
Thanks @prattmd2 - I have been trying to install & run Virtualbox on my debian server.

I was able to create a VM but hit errors when I tried to start it with VBoxHeadless. Urgh.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Another option would be Vultr in the Cloud. You get a $20 credit which is sufficient to run BOTH versions simultaneously for two months. You should be able to decide which is best during that time frame.

Bren Burrell

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Have persevered with Incredible PBX on WAZO in the meantime.

kenn10

Reaction score
I already had Windows 10 Pro and installed it on an Intel NUC 5i5. I run Windows 10 plus VirtualBox. In VirtualBox, I run a Debian 8 PIAF3, and am playing with a Wazo16.16 in another Debian 8, plus a Windows 7 VM. This box has 16GB of memory and a 240GB SSD. I'm running a program natively under Windows 10 and Windows Media Center under Windows 7 in a VM. The NUC doesn't break a sweat.

I do experience some audio issues with Wazo which are probably due to nat'ing on my router. On my Wazo instance, if a call simul-rings my cellphone, the audio won't cut through. Other than that, I have no issues with both PIAF and Wazo instances running together.

As to ESXi, I originally loaded the box with ESXi 6. I needed a Windows instance but EXSi would not recognize the USB ports on the Intel NUC. That is why I decided to load Windows as the main operating system. Debian 8 worked flawlessly under EXSi but it also works flawlessly in VirtualBox running headless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.