SOLVED Installing FAX

G-Man

Reaction score
I’ve just successfully installed CentOS 7 and Incredible PBX from the instructions at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14208 and used the prescribed command line of "wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx13-12.2-centos.tar.gz". Everything is up and running properly. Now I would like to install fax capabilities but am a bit confused. Is a fax package installer already on-board and just need to be invoked with an install command, or do I need to command line a download and then install faxing? If so, could someone please point me to the most relevant Incredible Fax/ AvantFax available for the particular version of PBX listed above? Thank you in advnce.

yajrendrag

Reaction score
check in /root for a file with IncredibleFax in the name - likely ends in .sh.
make sure it's executable and then at command prompt issue:
Code:
./name-of-IncredibleFax-installer-file
follow the instructions very carefully - if you're running on a VM, take a snapshot first - so in case of errors, you can easily recover

G-Man

Reaction score
check in /root for a file with IncredibleFax in the name - likely ends in .sh.
make sure it's executable and then at command prompt issue:
Code:
./name-of-IncredibleFax-installer-file
follow the instructions very carefully - if you're running on a VM, take a snapshot first - so in case of errors, you can easily recover
Found it. Thank you so much for the help. Also, had I been more observant, Ward actually stated so in the first paragraph of his installation tutorial. He wrote, "And a GPL installation script for free faxing with HylaFax and AvantFax is also included. Whew!" Sometime I can't see the forest through all the trees.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.