GO HERE Installation breaking at Install Server step

rylen

Reaction score
I'm trying to do a fresh installation of PiaF. I'm working from the Getting Started guide. Everything went well until just after I ran ./piaf3-install. Things install, the system reboots, I'm given the three letters and choose A. I get the install menu and choose PIAF. I get a cursor sitting at the top of the screen with no activity until I get bored. *I do not get a menu with choices of PIAF colors.*

I can break out of this w/ ^c or return with "newmenu". I've let the thing sit on a blank screen for a half hour.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
@rylen

Centos or Scientific Linux?

32 bit or 64 bit?

6.0, 6.1, 6.2 6.7, etc?

Actual hardware or Virtual machine?

I can see you are running the script install

rylen

Reaction score
CentOS 6.7 minimal install from CD. 64 bit. No virtual machine -- I'm sticking with the three partitions specified by the guide.

Guillermo Prado

Reaction score
Any solution for this issue.???

i have the exactly same problem:
CentOS release 6.7 (Final)
2.6.32-573.22.1.el6.x86_64
under hardware
8GBRAM
128GB SSD

After run install script, and update the system, the system reboots, loggin with root, then show install menu:

* Please make a selection A, B or C only! *
* A = Continue with the installation of our products *
* B = Load extra drivers for your hardware *
* C = Command Line Interface *

Select option "A"

Select program menu appears:

then select PIAF

The "flavor" screen no appears, only black screen.

Adittional taks:
selinux disabled
firewall disabled

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
@rylen: Why don't you try this instead? Much more current.

Perhaps the reason he didn't is because the "Getting Started" page promotes a process for installation which contains a few errors, and which doesn't mention that something more current exists. It's the very first page on this site with instructions. :cool:

CentOS6.5 iso doesn't exist there anymore, so the referral ends up getting 6.7 installed, which causes issues when updates are run, grub2 doesn't install, the update-devel doesn't work,and then the piaf3 doesn't install properly as a result.

Any chance of getting the 'getting started' page up to snuff? Or getting the repository data located in a static location so users aren't facing this sort of issue everytime some other group makes a change?

Color me insensitive, but it appears that the 'getting started' page is the 'flagship' instruction page for Piaf, but (from what I've been able to decipher out of my 6-7yrs of going Piaf and occasional returns to this site) it appears that the info on it is ~12-14 months out of date. This is leading to guys like him (and myself) becoming entirely confused and misled, wasting hours of our time chasing dead-ends, and then even more time on this site for folks who are trying to help him/me/others.

I **REALLY** think the idea of a repository with a concise set of options could aid tremendously..

3 versions of each of 3 different OS's with 5 flavors of Piaf to mixup on 3 different Asterisk builds is *NOT* concise - it's confusing. It might make sense to the daily netadmin or Centos/SL expert, but for folks who come here once every 3 months (which is the majority of the people asking questions), it is maddeningly confusing.

Last edited:

rylen

Reaction score
Perhaps the reason he didn't is because the "Getting Started" page promotes a process for installation which contains a few errors, and which doesn't mention that something more current exists. It's the very first page on this site with instructions. :cool:
That's the main one. I also like the feel of that version. IncrediblePBX feels intimidating, spending almost all of its guide talking about a huge assortment of apps I have no interest in using.

CentOS6.5 iso doesn't exist there anymore, so the referral ends up getting 6.7 installed, which causes issues when updates are run, grub2 doesn't install, the update-devel doesn't work,and then the piaf3 doesn't install properly as a result.
The referral goes to CentOS 7. You can download CentOS 6.7. I suspect you can forage for earlier versions.
3 versions of each of 3 different OS's with 5 flavors of Piaf to mixup on 3 different Asterisk builds is *NOT* concise - it's confusing. It might make sense to the daily netadmin or Centos/SL expert, but for folks who come here once every 3 months (which is the majority of the people asking questions), it is maddeningly confusing.
I'm good with those. The Getting Started page is decent on steering you towards a recent stable build.

-----

Anyhow, IncrediblePBX has installed smoothly and I've brought over my setup. Tomorrow I'll see if I can get it to talk with my VoIP provider.

Some questions, since part of this is turning into an Incredible PBX talk.
-PiaF came with scripts to set up a t*f*t*p server so I can provision my phones. Anything similar here?
-What are the usernames for Maintenance and UCP? I've set passwords but none of the name-password combos I come up with work.
-There is a Mscl Destination "Forward Calls" set as *72. That's already present in the Feature Code. What is going on?
-Somewhere in the install process, I read something about getting 10 free updates after which it was $20 for a calendar year. I haven't found any reference to that on the Nerd Vittles page and have no idea what it applies to. What is going on there, too.

Guillermo Prado

Reaction score
Any solution for this issue.???

i have the exactly same problem:
CentOS release 6.7 (Final)
2.6.32-573.22.1.el6.x86_64
under hardware
8GBRAM
128GB SSD

After run install script, and update the system, the system reboots, loggin with root, then show install menu:

Select option "A"

Select program menu appears:

then select PIAF

The "flavor" screen no appears, only black screen.

Adittional taks:
selinux disabled
firewall disabled

After one hour of black screen, The "flavor" screen appears and installation continues without any problem.

very strange....
thanks

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'm reminded of walking into a room blasting two different songs from two different radios. Will try to sort all of this out for you in the morning. But I'm away from a real keyboard at the moment. Sorry.

GKurt

Reaction score
This post incorporates info from this thread and the ""Getting Started" is borking my install?" thread.

I have the same problem under:

Centos 7.2 Minimal
Hardware
8GB Ram
512GB 2-disk mdadm mirror with LVM

After selecting 'A' at the menu:

The install process just hangs. When I try to see what is going on via "ps -ef | grep piaf" in another window I get some pretty ugly results:

$ ps -ef | grep piaf
root 2580 2578 0 13:53 tty1 00:00:00 /usr/local/sbin/isomenu -c #!/bin/sh DTE="033015" VER="3.1.0" INTVER=310 TITLE="ISOMENU" TEXTMODE="0" CMDLINE="$1" if [ -e "/projects/piaf3/develop.flag" ]; then sleep 1 exit fi ClearBash () { if [ -e "$HOME/.bash_history" ]; then rm -vf $HOME/.bash_history >/dev/null 2>&1 fi echo "history -c" >>/tmp/sdjhj source /tmp/sdjhj rm -vf /tmp/sdjhj >/dev/null 2>&1 } OsVersion () { OSTYPE="UNKOWN" STANDARDV="6.5" if [ -e "/etc/redhat-release" ]; then OSNAME1=`cat /etc/redhat-release` echo $OSNAME1 | grep -q "Scientific" if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then OSTYPE="SL" else echo $OSNAME1 | grep -q "CentOS" if [ $? - (and so on ...)

The "isomenu" program is running with a gigantic shell script as an argument to a commandline switch:

" .../usr/local/sbin/isomenu -c #!/bin/sh DTE...."

It's over 80K of commandline, mostly without line terminators.

[]$
[]$ ps -ef | grep piaf > wtf
[]$ wc wtf
3 9238 88178 wtf
[]$

In all probability there is some issue within that humongous shell-script-as-switch-argument. I don't think it is getting truncated, the end of it looks good. I started to try to unscramble it, but whoever is responsible for it in the first place could probably do that much better than me.

Guillermo Prado

"repos from download piaf sources works fine.??"

Could you be more explicit here, perhaps with a URL?

hecatae

"@MacNix try this http://nerdvittles.com/?p=9214
Centos or Scientific 6.7 please
Yellow or Green works perfectly,"

Best as I can tell, the instructions at this URL (oriented towards installing "IncrediblePBX") require you to run the broken "piaf3-install" process as an intermediate step, and so are not especially helpful. Or maybe I am misreading this? Is it possible to skip the paragraph at that page labeled:
Creating a PBX in a Flash 3.0.6.5 Server
and go directly to the part labeled:
Installing Incredible PBX 11
?

Does anybody have an install process that works?

GKurt

Reaction score
Oops! Not one but *two* processes running with shell scripts as commandline switch parameters:

[]$ ps -ef | grep piaf | cut -c 1-90
root 2580 2578 0 13:53 tty1 00:00:00 /usr/local/sbin/isomenu -c #!/bin/sh DTE="
root 2641 2580 0 13:54 tty1 00:00:00 /usr/local/sbin/piafdl -c #!/bin/sh DTE="0
kurt 2943 2915 0 17:29 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto piaf
[]$

GKurt

Reaction score
Like Guillermo Prado above, I saw that the "piafdl" process in the previous comment did launch a "wget" child process, that was hanging. Eventually I killed it.

root 3045 3026 0 17:40 tty1 00:00:00 wget http://192.210.137.132/common/mirrors.dl
. . . . .
root~ $ kill -9 3045

After that the installation process started moving along again! I'm in the middle of it now.
I do not know what the wget was trying to download, but so far it has not been terribly missed. I cannot ping 192.210.137.132 or establish an http connection. I will post again after the install finishes or dies.

GKurt

Reaction score
I do not know what the wget was trying to download, but so far it has not been terribly missed. I cannot ping 192.210.137.132 or establish an http connection. I will post again after the install finishes or dies.

I now have a PBX-In-a-Flash system that boots up, at least. I had to manually compile PIAF-Green, and I had no network connectivity until I manually ran & enabled the NetworkManager Service. Several things are broken, Asterisk, Failrban, Apache,Mysql, and ntpd all are listed as "Offline", but it is progress of a sort.

What is it that wget http://192.210.137.132/common/mirrors.dl was trying to get? The site still seems to be down, maybe someone should power-cycle/turn-it-on/kick it :) ?

Last edited:

GKurt

Reaction score
In order to get asterisk to start I had to define the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in safe_asterisk. I also uncommented the log file location:

========================
/usr/sbin $ diff /root/safe_asterisk_original safe_asterisk
5a6,7
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib"
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
12c14
< #LOGFILE="${ASTVARLOGDIR}/safe_asterisk.log" # Where to place the normal logfile (disabled if blank)
---
> LOGFILE="${ASTVARLOGDIR}/safe_asterisk.log" # Where to place the normal logfile (disabled if blank)
/usr/sbin $

========================

I had to make many changes to the Apache configuration files before I could get httpd to not die during start-up. It is now in a state where it will run if I start it from the command line, but when I start it via "systemctl start httpd.service" the systemctl command never returns to a command prompt, and eventually it kills the httpd processes after a timeout and lists a failed state.

===============
yum install mod_ldap
yum install mod_authnz_pam mod_authnz_external
===============

========================
/etc/httpd/conf $ diff httpd.conf_original httpd.conf
151a152
> LoadModule authn_core_module modules/mod_authn_core.so
153c154
< LoadModule authn_alias_module modules/mod_authn_alias.so
---
> #LoadModule authn_alias_module modules/mod_authn_alias.so
156c157
< LoadModule authn_default_module modules/mod_authn_default.so
---
> #LoadModule authn_default_module modules/mod_authn_default.so
157a159
> LoadModule authz_core_module modules/mod_authz_core.so
162c164
< LoadModule authz_default_module modules/mod_authz_default.so
---
> #LoadModule authz_default_module modules/mod_authz_default.so
187a190
> LoadModule unixd_module modules/mod_unixd.so
197a201,202
> LoadModule slotmem_shm_module modules/mod_slotmem_shm.so
> LoadModule socache_shmcb_module modules/mod_socache_shmcb.so
199c204
< LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
---
> #LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
201a207,208
> LoadModule access_compat_module modules/mod_access_compat.so
> LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
221a229
> Include conf.modules.d/00-mpm.conf
436c444
< DefaultType text/plain
---
> #DefaultType text/plain
551c559
< Alias /icons/ "/var/www/icons/"
---
> #Alias /icons/ "/var/www/icons/"
/etc/httpd/conf $

========================

========================
root@ivr45:/etc/httpd/conf.d $ diff ssl.conf_20160426 ssl.conf
42c42
< SSLMutex default
---
> Mutex sysvsem default
root@ivr45:/etc/httpd/conf.d $

========================

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.