Jeffrey Race

Reaction score
Aspiring new user, trying for 3 weeks to install PIAF, constant failures on known good
hardware.

Please help on latest failure using IncrediblePBX13.2 from Sourceforge per Ward's
recommendation in private e-mail;

Install proceeds normally using interactive menu at the beginning and then creates
file structure normally. However a short way into the install error message appears
onscreen:

"Unable to read package metadata.
This may be due to a missing repodata directory.
Please ensure that your install tree has been correctly generated."

Some online searching suggests this is due to improperly named installation files.
If that is correct, where can I obtain a valid ISO to download?

If it is something else, please advise the diagnosis and the fix.

Thanks for all help. (Please be detailed; I am an advanced Windows user but relatively
new to Linux.)

Jeffrey Race
Bangkok Thailand
<[email protected]>

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Jeffrey Race Either it's a hardware incompatibility or a repo is blocked from your web address. You might try starting with a CentOS 6.7 minimal install. Then try running the Incredible PBX 13-12 installer and see how it goes. At least you can track down which repo is failing take it from there.

Jeffrey Race

Reaction score
Suggestion is appealing but the target machine is Thinkpad T43 i386 architecture. Please point me to proven solution for 32-bit machine. (This is top of the line Thinkpad.) Going into 4th week on this now with repeated install failures. PIAF's very helpful instructions especially state installable on "an old PC lying around."

I first tried PIAF V 2.06 IIRC which I downloaded from web, which successfulling installed Centos 6.2, but the
install then failed because the installer could not call the packages which were not up on the web where they were supposed to be. (Perhaps taken down?)

I'm hoping to hear back from one or more of you about installers for which the links are still live for
a 32-bit install.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.