NO JOY Install fail after PIAF selection?

Dan Flood

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So it's CentOS 6.8 64bit inside VmWare Workstation 12 Pro - 2 CPUs and 8GB ram are dedicated to the machine. CentOS installs great, did the steps, run the piaf3 installer.

After I realized that I needed to hit CTRL-ALT-F2 to get back to the PIAF installer on reboot, I selected PIAF from the menu for install. Then the screen goes blank and the cursor just blinks.... What the heck did I miss?

I used to use Trixbox community - and decided recently to move to Elastix, which didn't have the features I wanted to i started looking at installing Incredible PBX with Elastix and realized.... why am I using elastix at all? PIAF! :)

But... can't figure this out to get started?

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, I didn't even know how to phrase a search for answers.

Neil Cudmore

Reaction score
Dan, just a thought, but there is if you look real hard you'll find a VMWare OVF which you can deploy from..... OK not the the latest version, but..... you should get away with 2 CPUs and just 1 Gb of RAM, but I tended to use 2Gb on the three or four previous installs I've done.

In the past I've done bare installs starting with the latest OS etc. but to be honest with VMWare I find templates far easier to get up and running, given the combinations of Linux modules, PIAF and Asterisk.

That said while my latest install was up and running inside 20 minutes, with a SNOM handset and external SIP trunk; since then I've spent days trying to get Cisco handsets connected and working on this :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.