Innomedia and PBX In A Flash

magicvash

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I installed the new Orgasmatron 5.1 using Nerdvittles' article and it works flawlessly with my softphones. I can make and receive calls beautifully (finally! :D)

I'm trying to configure my Sunrocket Innomedia Gizmo to be extension 701 on the asterisk server.

It appears from the Flash Operating Panel that the extension is registered, but I am unable to make any calls whatsoever - all I get is a busy tone. The softphones continue to work fine.

I disabled provisioning, set the following settings:

SIP Proxy: 192.168.123.8 (the Asterisk server IP address) and SIP local signaling port as 5060.
Unchecked Use outbound proxy.
SIP Domain is 192.168.123.8.
Registration Expiration Time: 60
Preferred CODECs List: PCMU/8000 and G729A/8000 are selected.

User Account:
Line No: 1
User ID: 701
User Password: the extension's password
Confirm Password: the extension's password
User Name: 701
Authentication ID: blank
Use Hot Phone Number: No
Hot Phone Number: Blank
Enable T38 FAX: Yes

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here - everything seems to be working...:confused5:

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
I would set

Authentication ID: blank <= extensions number

magicvash

Reaction score
Tried that - still not working. I either get busy signals or "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again".

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Just caught the extension number 701. Here's the reserved extensions for asterisk:

200 Park Notify
300-399 Reserved for speed dial
666 Reserved for Fax dialing
70-79 Reserved for calls on hold
700-799 Reserved for calls on hold <== NOTE!
7777 Reserved extension for incoming calls simulation

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
700's work fine for extensions. We use them all the time. It's something in the registration that's messing things up. Do you have Orgasmo 51. behind a firewall? Without mapping 5060 UDP to Orgasmo 5.1, you'll probably never get this to work.

magicvash

Reaction score
I have the Orgasmo 5.1 set up. No firewalls except for iptables on the installed computer. The whole setup is behind a router. The two softphones I have work perfectly without needing port forwarding (I thought the point of Orgasmo 5.1 was that I didn't need to forward ports anymore?)

Edit: This was the article I followed verbatim: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=671

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I thought the point of Orgasmo 5.1 was that I didn't need to forward ports anymore?

Yep. That's the idea. But some providers are better than others at sticking with the standards. :wink5:

magicvash

Reaction score
Heh I see. Well I just opened 5060 UDP on my router and forwarded it to the asterisk server. I'll see if this works...

What strikes me as odd is that the device says it's registered correctly.

Some other info I discovered: when I open up the FOP to see what is running through it, #'s dialed from my softphones get sent correctly (i.e. they appear under the appropriate extension). From the hard phone via the Innomedia box, the numbers are garbage and 5 or 6 digits long..?

magicvash

Reaction score
*sigh* Opened up 5060 on my router and forwarded it to the asterisk server. Still no dice - getting a busy signal no matter what number i try dialing on the phone.

Softphones work without a problem. I can't figure this out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.