GO HERE Initial System setup/configuration

John Lussmyer

Reaction score
I now have a Raspberry Pi 2, with Asterisk/Freepbx installed.
I'm having problems finding documentation on how to do all the initial configuration and setup via the GUI.
I hadn't realized how much more involved it is than my old little standalone PBX system. (8 exts, 4 lines)
The docs referenced at http://pbxinaflash.com/docs/ seem to be all VERY old, and don't match what I'm seeing in the GUI.

Can anyone point me to more current docs, preferably with some step-by-step instructions?

What I'm trying to setup is a system using a SPA3102 to handle my 1 landline, and 3 SPA122's for my various extensions. (with a simple auto-attendant setup and voicemail)
Having a softphone like YATE (or whatever is more current/better) would be nice as well.

John Lussmyer

Reaction score
That is a better google search than what I did, and finds more somewhat relevant links.
The problem I run into is that I keep finding those - and they keep not matching what I see in the GUI.
For example, at http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/proper-spa3102-setup.4796/
I see
  1. From the FreePBX main menu, click on the Setup tab. Under Basic, click on Extensions. From the Add an Extension page, from the Device drop-down, select Generic SIP Device, then click on Submit.
I don't have a Setup tab, and the only menu items I see that seem kinda related don't match the instructions.
That's why I was hoping for instructions that are less than 5 years old.
yes, I could go to each and every link found (probably only a few hundred) to see if I can find one that seems to be relevant.
I was really hoping that somebody had successfully set up these devices recently, and had found some accurate instructions.

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluePeter