RSS FEED Independence Day for Elastix 4: Introducing Issabel 4

nerdvittles

Reaction score
There was more than a little disappointment when PaloSanto Solutions closed up their Elastix® shop last year. The good news was that 3CX stepped in with a terrific free offer on their commercial PBX for Elastix users. And, of course, Sangoma® quickly learned Spanish to tout their closed source crippleware, the FreePBX® Distro. But today’s a new day, and there’s another great surprise as the discontinued Elastix 4 open source product is reincarnated as Issabel 4. Featuring a respin of… Read More ›

Continue reading...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
DDufkkHXUAA54zy.jpg

Reaction score
I think it's a good thing... The more choices the better. We need an active development community! Stable builds with more baseline features is where its at. Whether it's Asterisk 11,12,13,14 REALLY doesn't make much difference to most people.

Reaction score
Perhaps the tireless geniuses at The Incredible PBX (Ward) will add some warm and fuzzy features......

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
It certainly looks very retro (FreePBX 11.43 ? with the same old Elastix "perhaps unnecessary shading" of FreePBX) all those "over-rides" are IMHO opinion what killed Elastix and as a fork-up they will be responsible for patching all the penetrations and security eff-ups that are contingent with maintaining shit-loads of code they didn't write, don't fully understand and further is written in a many years unsupported php version , so it can never move past php 5.3 so effectively no debian 7/8/. . . RH/6/7/8/ . . ., I am concerned that some aspects of their copy-write is nor being honorably "honored" I'm pretty sure that Issabel doesn't own the copywrites they claim , they can use them as they were released as open source, but the attribution SHOULD ethically remain with the authors, no?

I admit that is this is just after an hour or so overview, I was very familiar with Elastix and all it's quirks, I just can't see much of an improvement here over all the things that killed Elastix.

JM2CWAE

and I really hope the authors have reasonable responses as to why it is a "Good and sustainable Thing"

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@dicko Not sure you have the latest version. Mine has PHP 5.4.16 and CentOS 7.2. with FreePBX 2.11.0.35. I think Asterisk 13 upgrade is in the works.

All of the FreePBX GPL modules include the necessary acknowledgment of original copyright as far as I can tell:
Code:
grep -r "Copyright 2013 Schmooze Com Inc" /var/www/html/admin/modules/*

All license terms are available as well:
Code:
grep -r "<license>" /var/www/html/admin/modules

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.