QUESTION incrediblepbx13.13 GVsip add trunk

weenus500

Reaction score
How do you add a gvsip trunk without running the whole install_gvsip script again? I have spent the last hour looking everywhere and haven't found an answer so I'm asking.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
JUst asking, are you trying to make things harder on yourself?

As far as I know, there isn't but the install_gvsip is the most efficient method. All that does is creates a set of custom instructions and the custom outbound route you need in order for GoogleVoice to work. I wish is were as easy as 1 add outbound sip route with a regular SIP trunk and registration string, but it's not.

If you ran it once you have one GVSIProute called gvsip1, run it for a second number and you haave gvsip2 added.

If you insist on making is extremely difficult for yourself, read the ENTIRE thread called The Sky Is Falling...Really. That will get you so confused thatinstall_gvsip is now not such a big deal.

Happy reading (grabbing my excedrin bottle, oooh my head)

weenus500

Reaction score
Genius, Why would I run the whole install script again when I just want to add a GV trunk?. I did this already on my main raspberrypi, I just forgot the command to run the script. I am trying to get this going on a second raspberrypi with a different GV numbers.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
If you already have installed GV on your instance, the script will bypass the install and you will be greeted with the add GV trunk prompt. I've run it a couple of times myself.

weenus500

Reaction score
It didn't work on mine. I'm too much of a wimp to run it again on the box running my main phone number which I have up and running after much aggravation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.