TIPS IncrediblePBX with VitalPBX whitelist issue during install

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with trying to whitelist on install? It may have something to do with my trying to list a fqdn in addition to an ip address. Is there a way to do a fqdn traveling man style? I keep getting locked out of the gui.

kenn10

Reaction score
I don't think VitalPBX will let you use FQDN. I tried as well but had to put in an actual IP address. Also, if you decide to reinstall from scratch and have devices trying to register, that will cause fail2ban to lock you out as well but you can stop the fail2ban process long enough to add your IP's to the white list and turn it back on.

You can always submit a ticket on the VitalPBX ticket system. They are super responsive and helpful. If nothing else, you can submit a future enhancement request.

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
I think it may have something to do with trying to register a fqdn and being somewhat impatient. I have no devices trying to register. Good idea on stopping f2b. I'll try that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.