TUTORIAL IncrediblePBX Ubuntu 14.04 LTS to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS upgrade guide

Stan-O

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out how to apply strike-thru to the text below, the guide is incomplete, do not follow it on live production systems.

I've migrated all my other Ubuntu VMs to 16.04 and the canonical livepatch service going live was the last straw (I know, ksplice, but I wanted "native" solution) to get me to migrate PBX VM to 16.04 as well.

I just ran do-release-upgrade from 14.04 LTS *with IncrediblePBX installed* and kept all the modified files. After reboot asterisk worked, but the web-site, of course, didn't. Here's what you need to do to get it working (all commands below run from root):
Code:
apt-get install software-properties-common python-software-properties
add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
apt-get update
apt-get install php7.0 php5.6 php5.6-mysql php5.6-curl php5.6-gd php5.6-mbstring php5.6-opcache php5.6-readline php5.6-xml php-gettext php5.6-mbstring php-xdebug libapache2-mod-php5.6 libapache2-mod-php7.0
phpenmod -v 5.6 mysql
phpenmod -v 5.6 xml
phpenmod -v 5.6 simplexml
phpenmod -v 5.6 gd
phpenmod -v 5.6 curl
a2dismod php7.0
a2enmod php5.6
service apache2 restart
ln -sfn /usr/bin/php5.6 /etc/alternatives/php

Last edited:

Stan-O

Reaction score
Looks like I spoke too soon, I can't get any of the Web UI changes to stick. :(

So something is still broken I'm afraid, do not follow the steps above unless you're prepared to investigate things.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Stan-O: Please keep us posted on your progress. This one has been painful. THANKS!!

Stan-O

Reaction score
I sure will. During the upgrade mysql complained about some tables and "corrected" them, these are exactly the same tables I'm now seeing in the log with errors, however I did not keep the OS upgrade log as I've noticed that mysql has auto-corrected issues, so I can't even recall what the problems were.

Also, I've noticed that while at least some amportal commands work, the simple restart doesn't (I'm guessing some of the shutdown scripts fail and restart stop executing).

PS. I'm testing this on a non-critical and very rarely used box. I might not be able to get back to it to investigate for a while.

Last edited:

Stan-O

Reaction score
Sadly, I didn't have enough time to investigate mysql-related issues broken by the update, so I've reverted that machine to 14.04 LTS. Hopefully steps above will save some time for a braver/more determined soul.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.