QUESTION IncrediblePBX RPi pulling 2 IPs over WiFi?

Aaron Outhier

Santa's helper (subordinate Claus)
Reaction score
Hello,
I have 2 brand new Raspberry Pis, onto which I installed the latest Incredible PBX for Raspberry Pi with oauth support.

I went through the setup, and then added my WiFi credentials to /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and rebooted.

Both Pi's now pull two adjacent DHCP leases (each). Since, I didn't have free Ethernet cords where I did the initial setup, I opted for WiFi. This is just for the initial setup. I set them up at Home, and then transferred them to two different work locations. I am going to finish the setup here, at work. They are using wired Ethernet here, and no issues there so far. I'm just curious as to why this happened? Also, just for curiosity's sake, I tried connecting to WiFi at work, before setting up Ethernet, just to see if the WiFi IP issues happened there. They do...

Honestly, it's not a huge deal, but it kind of makes me wonder why...

I wouldn't have even noticed normally, since ifconfig only shows one of the two IP addresses, however PBXStatus that runs at every login shows two adjacent Class C IP addresses separated by a space. I am able to login via both SSH and HTTP from both IP addresses on each Pi.

Anybody have any insight as to why this happens? Is it only happening to me?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.