IncrediblePBX and GVSIP registration issues

Mike De

Reaction score
Hi, this started a week or so ago and messed with it a little but haven't gotten anywhere. I had 3 GVSIP trunks working fine on 2 different IncrediblePBX VM images for testing purposes working fine for at least a month. Now they don't stay Registered anymore, I don't have an exact time frame, maybe an hour?

pjsip show registrations

<Registration/ServerURI..............................> <Auth..........> <Status.......>
==========================================================================================

gvsip1/sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com gvsip1 Rejected
gvsip2/sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com gvsip2 Rejected

If i run pjsip send register gvsip1 it'll sometimes get them to come back as Registered. or sometimes i get the following:
[2018-09-30 17:31:56] ERROR[11192]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:598 stateless_send_resolver_callback: Resolver failed. Cannot send message
[2018-09-30 17:31:56] ERROR[11192]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:598 stateless_send_resolver_callback: Resolver failed. Cannot send message

DNS works fine on them, and this is the same results on 2 totally different VMs.

I've had pjsip set logger on but doesn't tell me much other than sometimes seeing:

res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:989 schedule_retry: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:[email protected]', retrying in '60'

I can do a fwconsole restart and that'll bring them both back up to Registered, but they don't stay like that, they eventually always go back to Rejected.

Mike De

Reaction score
Reaction score
I would delete the GVSIP trunks then add them back.

**Edit

As I look at mine in the Chan_PJSip Channel(s) section I see

No objects found.

Below that in section Chan_PJSip Registrations I see the registered trunks

Code:
<Registration/ServerURI..............................>  <Auth..........>  <Status.......>
==========================================================================================

gvsip1/sip:obihai.sip.google.com                        gvsip1            Registered     
 gvsip2/sip:obihai.sip.google.com                        gvsip2            Registered     

Objects found: 2

Last edited:

Mike De

Reaction score
Had a fresh install with the patch running fine for about a week. I woke up this morning and found both trunks are rejected. if i try resending the registration I get the following.

IncrediblePBX*CLI> pjsip send register gvsip2
[2018-10-12 09:03:12] DEBUG[54479]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:625 stateless_send_resolver_callback: Registration using newly created transport 0x7f1c302e2658
[2018-10-12 09:03:12] WARNING[45873]: pjproject:0 <?>: SSL SSL_ERROR_SSL (Handshake): Level: 0 err: <336151568> <SSL routines-ssl3_read_bytes-sslv3 alert handshake failure> len: 0
[2018-10-12 09:03:12] WARNING[8764]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:987 schedule_retry: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:[email protected]', retrying in '60'

ajonate

Reaction score
Same here.

<Registration/ServerURI..............................> <Auth..........> <Status.......>

gvsip1/sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com gvsip1 Rejected
gvsip2/sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com gvsip2 Rejected
gvsip3/sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com gvsip3 Rejected

Objects found: 3

ajonate

Reaction score
OK, a solution has been posted and it's working for me. Open the /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf file. Change the outbound proxy address from obihai.telephony.goog to voice.telephony.goog. There are two such entries for each gvsip trunk.

Find this:

outbound_proxy=sip:eek:bihai.telephony.goog:5061\;transport=tls\;lr\;hide

Change to:

outbound_proxy=sip:voice.telephony.goog:5061\;transport=tls\;lr\;hide

Then restart asterisk:

amportal restart

Last edited:

ajonate

Reaction score
Last edited:

rmlworld

Reaction score
Thanks for the fix. I made the change to the pjsip_custom.conf this morning and I am back in business.

ws2000

Reaction score
Thank you for the fix. Worked as advertised. Saved me hours of waisted time.

Laurence

Reaction score
Alas didn't work for me. When I looked at /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf the lines are already

outbound_proxy=sip:voice.telephony.goog:5061\;transport=tls\;lr

yet when I start Asterisk and try to make a call it still references

[2018-11-12 02:33:30] WARNING[2626]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:866 schedule_retry: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:[email protected]', retrying in '60'

I have rebooted the Pi and restarted asterisk a number of times

ajonate

Reaction score
Alas didn't work for me. When I looked at /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf the lines are already

outbound_proxy=sip:voice.telephony.goog:5061\;transport=tls\;lr

yet when I start Asterisk and try to make a call it still references

[2018-11-12 02:33:30] WARNING[2626]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:866 schedule_retry: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:[email protected]', retrying in '60'

I have rebooted the Pi and restarted asterisk a number of times

Google changed things again since that thread. Here is the thread for the new fix,

https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/problems-with-gv-again.23283/page-2

We're using the IP address now. Basically, the new fix is to change voice.telephony.goog to 64.9.242.172.

Here are the commands for the new fix.

cp /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf.old
sed -i 's|voice.telephony.goog|64.9.242.172|g' /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf
sed -i 's|voice.telephony.goog|64.9.242.172|g' /root/gvsip-naf/install-gvsip
amportal restart

Last edited:

Laurence

Reaction score
Google changed things again since that thread. Here is the thread for the new fix,

https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/problems-with-gv-again.23283/page-2

We're using the IP address now. Basically, the new fix is to change voice.telephony.goog to 64.9.242.172.

Here are the commands for the new fix.

cp /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf.old
sed -i 's|voice.telephony.goog|64.9.242.172|g' /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf
sed -i 's|voice.telephony.goog|64.9.242.172|g' /root/gvsip-naf/install-gvsip
amportal restart

Thanks a bunch. That worked for me. However the editor could not find the second file and I looked around in /root/gvsip-naf and there is no such file install-gvsip

Last edited:

Kevman83

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a complete newb here when it comes to PBX systems. I have a raspberry pi 3, and I used incredible PBX 13-13 image from a nerd vittles article. I followed the instructions, setup went smoothly. I have 3 Google voice numbers and trunks set up. Have my outbound and inbound routes set up accordingly.

Problem is when I go to make a phone call, there is no audio in either direction from the soft phone or my cellular that I am making the the test call to. Same if I dial my gv number. Also calls in both directions disconnect after 16 seconds precisely.

I am at a loss here as to what I need to do? I read opening ports 5060 and 5061 may help, yet I know that is a security risk. I checked my router and I couldn't find an option to enable or disable SIP ALG. Is there any ports I could open that may help my soft phone work properly?

Edit: Forgot to add that all 3 gv trunks show up as registered following the sed commands on another nerd vittles article.

ajonate

Reaction score
I am at a loss here as to what I need to do? I read opening ports 5060 and 5061 may help, yet I know that is a security risk. I checked my router and I couldn't find an option to enable or disable SIP ALG. Is there any ports I could open that may help my soft phone work properly?

Try opening 10000 thru 20000 and see if that helps. Otherwise you should be looking at your NAT settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.