SOLVED IncrediblePBX 13 - voicemail to email

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
@kmcdaniel - try the script below (make sure to edit placeholders) to use gmail asn an SMTP relay. This is way better for any type of insstall.:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

cd /etc/mail || exit
hostname -f > genericsdomain
touch genericstable
makemap -r hash genericstable.db < genericstable
mv sendmail.mc sendmail.mc.original
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/sendmail.mc.gmail
cp sendmail.mc.gmail sendmail.mc
mkdir -p auth
chmod 700 auth
cd auth || exit
echo AuthInfo:smtp.gmail.com \"U:smmsp\" \"I:YOUR_GMAIL_USERNAME_WITHOUT_AT_GMAIL\" \"P:YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE\" \"M:PLAIN\" > client-info
echo AuthInfo:smtp.gmail.com:587 \"U:smmsp\" \"I:YOUR_GMAIL_USERNAME_WITHOUT_AT_GMAIL\" \"P:YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE\" \"M:PLAIN\" >> client-info
echo AuthInfo:smtp.gmail.com:465 \"U:smmsp\" \"I:YOUR_GMAIL_USERNAME_WITHOUT_AT_GMAIL\" \"P:YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE\" \"M:PLAIN\" >> client-info
chmod 600 client-info
makemap -r hash client-info.db < client-info
cd /etc/mail || exit
yum -y install sendmail-cf
make
service sendmail restart
echo "test from server $(curl -s icanhazip.com)" | mail -s testmessage [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
does this work out of the box, or do you need to fo some configuration? Again, port 25 is not being blocked?
Brian

I just configured sendmail on my Raspberry after hours of frustration. Follow the first 2 paragraphs here in the link - it helped me a lot, but first, you must have a fully qualified domain name pointing back to your server. Lots of ways to achieve that.

If running sendmail, run this command from your sendmail directory to get a verbose spill on what is really happening..

(echo Subject: test; echo; echo test)|sendmail -Am -i -v [email protected]

https://www.powerpbx.org/content/sendmail-configuration-centos-v5x-asterisk-v16x-freepbx-v24x

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
@kyle95wm and @Trimline2 I tried the gmail script. For some reason it is still showing in webmin Deferred: Connection timed out with smtp.comcast.net

With the script it is having a problem:
wget: unable to resolve host address “nerdvittles.dreamhosters.com”

Is the new sendmail file hosted elsewhere?

the echo test shows....Connecting to smtp.comcast.net via relay...

Last edited:

SMTC

Reaction score
Had trouble like this, but on the RASPI. Instructions quite different. There are errors in the instructions on http://nerdvittles.com/?p=21255

I have posted a new thread outlining these quirks in a new thread.

dhoppy

Reaction score
Got it resolved. It was vultr.
Having a similar issue on vultr, how did you fix it?

Nevermind, it appears that Vultr blocks port 25 on new accounts, and I'm setting up a system on a new Vultr account.

Last edited:
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.