GO HERE IncrediblePBX 13.2 esxi OVF will not complete its install

RalphF

Reaction score
Being an esxi fan, I was delighted to finally see an obtainable esxi package. I downloaded and it and depl;oyed the machine. I expected (per the documentation) to see it go ahead and install iIncredible PBX and give me the familiar status screen showing what was running, then to begin to configure it.

Instead, after Scientific Linux installed, things just stopped. I could log in as root , but it was clear that the PBX installation had aborted. I was just not quick enough to see the error messages that flashed by at the end on the Scientific Linux install. I suspect the failure to install may be related to my esxi box not having a dhcp server and me needing to provision a static IP. I did get that done, and the box is pingable and it can ping outbound too.

But try as I might, I can't figure out how to kick off the rest of the install script. The documentation (the NerdVittles web pages) sort of assume it installed and the links then send you off to how to configure and secure the machine. There is no mention about how to actually get the script to run. Can't find anything here in the forums either, and over on Sourceforge there's just an angry review from someone with the same issue who just gave up. Well I'm not giving up. I have been running Asterisk since the very first days when we used WinModems as trunk cards!

Can anyone please help me proceed from here?

Thank You

RalphF

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Ward. Although I use esxi for all our servers and lots of other things, I had not used it with pbxinaflash. I once found an esxi version but it required a "donation" and when I contacted the guy, he said he did not provide it any more because no one ever sent the money. Hard to understand because his announcement of it being available said he'd send the link once you sent the "donation".
So thanks for making this ovf. I will give the rest of the install a try.

PS- we miss you here in Atlanta.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.