FYI IncrediblePBX 13-13 on HiFormance No connection

ralphdorr

Reaction score
I followed your fine article and installed Whole Enchilada and Incredible Fax. I cannot connect to the Web GUI, SSH, Webmin, or anything it appears except from the HiFormance Control Panel HTML5 interface. Any suggestions?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Yes, if you installed the Incredible FROM the Hiformance interface, this explainsit. Incredible locks down to the IP of Hiformance Public IP, and the IP of the machine that sent the incredible13-13.sh script (filename I know is probably not right, but you get the idea). What you need is to destroy and redeploy the instance and then use PuTTY or similar SSH (NOT hiformance interface) and reinstall Incredible. This should fix your issue.

ralphdorr

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin, That makes sense. I will destroy it and recreate with Mac Terminal or putty.

ralphdorr

Reaction score
OK I reinstalled and everything seemed fine but after installing Whole Enchilada and Incredible fax, I can SSH just fine, and the main Incredible PBX web interface comes up but I click Incredible PBX Admin and it asks for credentials and after I enter them it goes to a page that does not work and the address in the browser is /admin/config.php#. I am able to login to the avantfax and webmin just not the PBX Admin.

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
No expert but...

In the tutorial it should have told you to run commands to change the password for the web GUI. the username will always be admin and the password is what you set with the command similare to ./admin-pwdchange (or similar to it) -- THIS IS NOT your root password (or shouldn't be) -- look over the tutorial again to find the right command and reset this password again.

I am guessing that you did similar to:

ip.of.the.pbx (or fqdn if you have one for it)
clicked the PBX admin button on the page
Box popped up asking for credntials and you typed -- admin - your pbx root password and hit enter
screen blank.

This happens when the credentials are incorrect.

Try resetting the GUI password again and you should be good to go. If not... someone smarter than I will have to assist further.

Good Luck.

ralphdorr

Reaction score
This was the first thing I tried. It confirmed that the password was changed but I get an error about eth0:
eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

Done. Use browser to access FreePBX at http://

and same result. I tried bad credentials and it says bad username or password so this is only occurring after successful login.

ralphdorr

Reaction score
ifconfig shows:

lo Link encap:Local Loopback

inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0

inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host

UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1

RX packets:100859 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:100859 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

RX bytes:6876899 (6.5 MiB) TX bytes:6876899 (6.5 MiB)

venet0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00

inet addr:127.0.0.1 P-t-P:127.0.0.1 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.255.255.255

UP BROADCAST POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:56958 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:49389 errors:0 dropped:345 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

RX bytes:34864586 (33.2 MiB) TX bytes:34195455 (32.6 MiB)

venet0:0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00

inet addr:xxx P-t-P:xxx Bcast:xxx Mask:255.255.255.255

UP BROADCAST POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MTU:1500 Metric:1

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
First post -- HiFormance uses Venet0

as for the erro or the second post - someone else smarter than me will have to help here.

ralphdorr

Reaction score
I have requested that HiFormance cancel my account. Just too much trouble to get around the OpenVZ and getting it to work. I installed it on a Cloudatcost Centos 7 server without all these issues. Thanks for trying to help me with this.

Steve Bosak

Reaction score
This was the first thing I tried. It confirmed that the password was changed but I get an error about eth0:
eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

Done. Use browser to access FreePBX at http://

and same result. I tried bad credentials and it says bad username or password so this is only occurring after successful login.
I just had the exact same problem -

The issue was the ethernet adapter is normally called eth0 -the script for changing the password must need a positive result of the statement in ROOT/ADMIN-PW-Change.

I went into NANO ADMIN-PW-Change and modified eth0 to my ethernet adapter's name.

ran the util again and changed web admin password - the site is now accessible.

Good Luck!
Steve

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's a test message that has NOTHING to do with setting your admin password. Just use a web browser to access the GUI at the actual IP address of your server and IGNORE the error. It's harmless.

pbxstatus or ifconfig will show your server's correct IP address.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.