TRY THIS IncrediblePBX 13-13 on HiFormance DNS issue

undrhil

Reaction score
I setup a new instance on HiFormance and told it to use the IncrediblePBX 13-13 install. After setup, the system had a great connection to the internet, could do updates, etc. However, yesterday when I was in the machine to update the GVSIP script, it wouldn't download anything. I did a reboot and when I tell it to do the "issues check" it gives me a bunch of 'cannot connect' type errors. I cannot ping any named sites, but I can ping direct IP addresses.

I've looked into the DNS options (setting nameserver or DNS1/DNS2 in various configs) but the changes revert after a reboot. How can I resolve this issue?

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this? I'm seeing something very similar where I get "nameserver timeout". Thanks.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try setting DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

Then: chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

Then: reboot

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Try setting DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf
How about this tip (from fpbx wiki? or was it community somewhere)?
Code:
# Nameservers - You can edit these in  File /etc/resolv.conf.head
nameserver 192.168.1.254     #(myrouterIP)
# nameserver #,
nameserver 188.165.200.156,
nameserver 51.254.25.115,
nameserver 172.104.136.243
# //End of /etc/resolv.conf.head
Then resolv.conf looks like:-
Code:
root@incrediblepbx:/etc# cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by resolvconf
# Nameservers - You can edit these in  File /etc/resolv.conf.head
nameserver 192.168.1.254
# nameserver #,
nameserver 188.165.200.156,
nameserver 51.254.25.115,
nameserver 172.104.136.243
# //End of /etc/resolv.conf.head
domain lan
nameserver 192.168.1.254
Code:
root@incrediblepbx:/etc# ls -al  /etc/resolv.conf.head  /etc/resolv.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 284 Aug 17 03:21 /etc/resolv.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 222 Aug 16 13:51 /etc/resolv.conf.head

undrhil

Reaction score
Try setting DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

Then: chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

Then: reboot
This worked for me, though I used 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1 for my nameserver entries.

The issue I am seeing now is that I cannot access the system using the NeoRouter assigned IP address. I checked my HiFormance control panel and TUN/TAP is set to ON. I turned it off and back on, just to make sure. The system rebooted after each setting.

I checked in iptables -nL and I see the line that says to accept all 10.0.0.0/8; I also see the line that allows the connections from the NRclients to come into the nrserver on my system. I am connected using the nrclientcmd and the system is showing as online and available on all of my clients. I cannot ping the system using the neorouter IP address; nor can I SSH to it.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I gave up on NeoRouter - both Win10 and Win7 clients only worked once and then it was a bust. I have my server defined on the NeoRouter website with a short name as Ward suggested - have not tried the long name in the client as both windows machines no longer register the network adapter at 10.0.0.X. Via the NeoRouter site, I can sign on and all is good to go, it's just Windows not registering the network adapter for NeoRouter. It did work once, but no more. Not worth spending a lot of time on it although I do like the concept.

undrhil

Reaction score
I don't even bother with the neorouter site. I have a static IP on hiformance so I am using a FQDN to my server. As I said, the clients all log in and I can see they are all online and the linux box is online, but I cannot connect to the linux box across the neorouter network. As you say, when I first install it, it works fine, but then it just stops working and there is no indication of what is broken.

undrhil

Reaction score
Hmm ... I Logged out and back in on my WIndows desktop NR client and I am able to connect to my Hiformance box using the neorouter IP address now. I wonder if that's a bug on neorouter's client then?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For the record, we use NeoRouter with several dozen servers all day, every day and rarely have a problem.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
For the record, we use NeoRouter with several dozen servers all day, every day and rarely have a problem.

Well, I kept at it and finally got it working. There was an article posted on Google I came across as a number of folks had issue with the adapter after W10 updates. The author recommended running C:\Program Files (x86)\ZebraNetworkSystems\NeoRouter\Driver\tapinstall independently. I did that and the network adapter appeared when running ipconfig - this is again working. Hopefully, if anyone has this issue, they will come across this note to aid them. Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.