FOOD FOR THOUGHT IncrediblePBX 13-13 not saving changes in GUI

kameleon

Reaction score
I am trying to make some changes in the GUI on my IncrediblePBX 13-13 install. Specifically right now I am trying to extend the "Parking Lot Timeout (seconds)" and "Alternate Desitnation - Destination" for the parking lot. When I make the changes and hit apply the page comes back as it was before I made the changes. I can confirm changes are not applied also. I have tried multiple computers and browsers. If I knew where the settings were in the configs I could make them there and see if it is reflected in the GUI but I would rather it work in the GUI if possible. Any guidance to fixing this?

Also, this does not happen on every page, just certain ones. For instance, I was just able to change the email address for the voicemail on an extension and it did properly.

Last edited:

Anders P. Bergmann

Reaction score
I am trying to make some changes in the GUI on my IncrediblePBX 13-13 install. Specifically right now I am trying to extend the "Parking Lot Timeout (seconds)" and "Alternate Desitnation - Destination" for the parking lot. When I make the changes and hit apply the page comes back as it was before I made the changes. I can confirm changes are not applied also. I have tried multiple computers and browsers. If I knew where the settings were in the configs I could make them there and see if it is reflected in the GUI but I would rather it work in the GUI if possible. Any guidance to fixing this?

Also, this does not happen on every page, just certain ones. For instance, I was just able to change the email address for the voicemail on an extension and it did properly.
How did you get to the IncrediblePBX GUI? I'm running it on a CloudatCost VM (CENTos 7) and can't figure out how to access it.

kameleon

Reaction score
How did you get to the IncrediblePBX GUI? I'm running it on a CloudatCost VM (CENTos 7) and can't figure out how to access it.
The firewall blocks everything outside of the local lan by default. You will probably have to allow your IP address to connect.

kameleon

Reaction score
I just did a fresh install on a new vm and have the same issue. I cannot change certain settings. Namely the Parking Timeout (seconds) is what I just tried. No go. Any input? This is incrediblepbx 13-13 on Ubuntu 18.04.

kameleon

Reaction score
If anyone cares I tried a Centos 6.10 vm and installed incrediblepbx 13-13 on it. It works as expected so far in testing. At least fresh install I can change the Parking Timeout (seconds) from default 45 to 60 and it sticks after a "Submit" and I can now click "Apply Config". I will try moving this to production once I migrate all my settings. Hopefully this works. It appears the Ubuntu version is junk compared to the Centos one.

kameleon

Reaction score
If you want to use for production environment, stick with Centos 6.x ... It just works.

Unfortunately none of this is stated on any of the blogs so it was trial and error. I now just have to move everything over to the centos one and I should be good to go. Should be able to use the backup and restore built in to the GUI correct?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Unfortunately none of this is stated on any of the blogs so it was trial and error. I now just have to move everything over to the centos one and I should be good to go. Should be able to use the backup and restore built in to the GUI correct?

Better to use the very latest incrediblebackup and incrediblerestore that are included with Incredible PBX 13-13 for CentOS 6. Be sure to log out and back in to get the very latest releases.

kameleon

Reaction score
Better to use the very latest incrediblebackup and incrediblerestore that are included with Incredible PBX 13-13 for CentOS 6. Be sure to log out and back in to get the very latest releases.

I will be coming from Ubuntu 18.04 based Incrediblepbx 13-13 and going to Centos 6.10 based. Should that matter?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I will be coming from Ubuntu 18.04 based Incrediblepbx 13-13 and going to Centos 6.10 based. Should that matter?

It shouldn't. Just copy incrediblebackup over from the CentOS box to make your backup.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The other option is identical servers with two of the cheap OpenVZ providers. Almost all SIP phones now can store a second IP address for every extension which provides almost instantaneous failover if a server (or provider) bites the dust.

kameleon

Reaction score
It shouldn't. Just copy incrediblebackup over from the CentOS box to make your backup.

I finally am getting back to this and doing the incrediblebackup did not work. When I moved the backup over to the CentOS box and restored from there it broke all the web pages. Am I missing something?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I finally am getting back to this and doing the incrediblebackup did not work. When I moved the backup over to the CentOS box and restored from there it broke all the web pages. Am I missing something?

What was your primary server platform? Did you use Incredible Backup 13?? Did you create a secondary server by following this tutorial?

Code:
mkdir /backup
cd /root
rm -f incrediblebackup
rm -f incrediblerestore
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblebackup13.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblebackup13.tar.gz
rm -f incrediblebackup13.tar.gz

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.