NO JOY IncredibleFax13 is not storing faxes nor am I getting emails

Reaction score
A while ago I installed IncrediblePBX 13.13 Enchilada with IncredibleFax13 for testing. I tested most functions but then had to do other work. I had an older working system (I forget the exact version) using Asterisk 12.x that I upgraded and ultimately hosed so I put my test 13.13 version into production. I noticed AvantFax was not working; no archive of faxes and no emails. I tried Ward's amportal suggestion in case I installed IncredibleFax13 before Enchilada but no joy. I then reran IncredibleFax13 again ( I know) and of course that hosed the AvantFax GUI. I was unable to fix it.
So today I started from scratch, erased the vm and reloaded Centos 6.9 64 bit minimal, and then carefully followed Ward's instructions to the letter. The PBX is working fine but AvantFax is still exibiting the exact issue; no archive of faxes, inbox nor send do not show faxes in the GUI, I see no faxes anywhere in the system and I get no emails regarding fax activity. I can send faxes to my local legacy fax and receive them there but I get no email confirmation.
The PBX is installed on a VMWare 6.5 Update2 host with 2 vCPU, 4096Gb memory, 15Gb vHD, VMXNET3 networking.
I installed (in order)
Centos 6.9 minimal 64 bit
yum update
yum nano, wget, etc.
IncrediblePBX13 lean
reboot
IncrediblePBX13 lean again to complete
reboot
Perform updates
After Status perform another reboot
Check PBX GUI operation. All good.
Install Enchilada
Reboot
Check PBX GUI. All good.
Install IncredibleFax13
Reboot
Check PBX GUI. PBX good. AvantFax has issues listed above.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Reaction score
So this is wierd . . .

Yesterday, one day after this post, I tried the fax again. It worked flawlessly. I hadn't done any more since the original post. Although confused, I didn't care, it was working.

I decided I would try to get my old archived faxes from the hosed Asterisk 12 system. The GUI no longer functions but I can SSH and WINSCP in to it. Not sure how to move the faxes so I renamed the faxes folder on the new install in /var/www/html/avantfax to new-faxes and copied the faxes folder in /var/www/html/avantfax from the old system to the new. None of the old faxes showed up. Not surprised. Maybe a reboot will make them visible in the AvantFAX GUI. No luck. I suspect I must do something with databases. More research (or help) is needed.

Worse still my fax problem is back. Sending and receiving faxes no longer produces emails or faxes in AvantFAX Inbox or Archive. Tried for 30-60 minutes with no success. Left it for another day as I feared moving the faxes folder caused an issue that might be irreparable.

This morning, 14 hours later, fax send and receive are again working flawlessly without me doing anything since last night. I still do not see my old faxes but at least I know where they are.

It seems that AvantFAX/HylaFax is taking a very long time to settle in after a reboot. ????

Eliad

Reaction score
did you install GVSIP too? i got this problem after i installed GVSIP.

jon9314

Reaction score
Any progress? I have the same issue, I thought I missed something but I went over everything and double and triple checked all the steps. I can send faxes and the “fax machine” answers but I get no fax or notification.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.