TRY THIS IncredibleFax 16-15 : avantfax not working correctly? RASPBIAN

l4cky

Reaction score
I compared the incrediblefax13-raspi.sh with the freepbx 13 version and it looks identical. however a problem in avantfax occurs as shown in this video.

There is an HTTP ERROR 500 no matter which browser) after a fresh install.

It happens at least on:

1 right after a username/password login
2 lost password form
3 unable to modify the admin username configuration

To be able to login, it requires to put password and username; then press f5 to refresh.

I also replaced the new avantfax folder of 16-15 with my old avantfax freepbx13, and the problem is the same.

>>> The login page is http://xxxx/avantfax/index.php and after login the page stays at http://xxxx/avantfax/index.php with the 500 html error code instead of redirecting automaticly to http://xxxxxx/avantfax/inbox.php

PS: I don't know if it has anything to do with, but for the 16-15, there is to have a permission problem with running /root/incrediblefax13-raspi.sh and a denied permission while running through root (which didn't happen before in the 13 version). I got around by typing chmod +x incrediblefax13-raspi.sh (googling), however I am not sure if this is the reason why avantfax is not working well. I did manually only change the var/html/avantfax folder to the same permission and ownership as the previous version 13 (permissions set to 0777), but it doesn't solve anything.

PS2: Before running this script, I only burned the img and installed webmin. So I pretty much didn't do anything since the fax installation is my 3rd step. I tried several times the same steps on different microsd cards, but the same problems happened.

PS3: I noticed there is a file called install-fax in incrediblefax for 16-15 version, but there isn't in the 13 version.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Did you try setting the Apache admin password first with /root/apache-pw-reset?

Then enter your Apache admin credentials at the first prompt for AvantFax.

Then enter your Avantfax admin credentials.

l4cky

Reaction score
Did you try setting the Apache admin password first with /root/apache-pw-reset?

Then enter your Apache admin credentials at the first prompt for AvantFax.

Then enter your Avantfax admin credentials.

I am not sure what I have done wrong.

1.Flash incrediblepbx to the sd card
2. Boot sd card, optin file expand microsd card.
3. Go to putty SSH and login IP, root /password and Enter, Enter, etc..
4. /root/apache-pw-reset to ABC
5. chmod +x incrediblefax13-raspi.sh
6. apt-get update && apt-get upgrade –y
7. /root/incrediblefax13-raspi.sh

8. Go to IP/avanfax and username is admin password is ABC (step 4?)
9. Then IP/avanfax admin/password ?

Because step 8 doesn't work, I can't find the place for Apache admin credentials. So I am not sure where to enter "Apache admin credentials at the first prompt for AvantFax " , form the login page of ip/avantfax?

Thanks @wardmundy

Last edited:

Eliad

Reaction score
I am not sure but you might need to enter a more complex password to include upper and lower case and a number, i think minimum is 6 or 8 characters.

l4cky

Reaction score
I am not sure but you might need to enter a more complex password to include upper and lower case and a number, i think minimum is 6 or 8 characters.

yeah, but the logins works when I press reload. So I don't think it's because of that. Incrediblx13-13 worked fine, so I am not sure what changes in 16-15.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
yeah, but ... Incrediblepbx13-13 worked fine, so I am not sure what changes in 16-15.

In a word, Everything. New OS (that was still in beta when Raspbian was released). New Asterisk. New FreePBX. Something apparently broke things.

l4cky

Reaction score
In a word, Everything. New OS (that was still in beta when Raspbian was released). New Asterisk. New FreePBX. Something apparently broke things.

oh i see. is ipbx 2020 also in beta?

JoeOIVOV

Reaction score
I have same exact issue on fresh install fully patched. It still works but I have to click refresh after getting the 500 error and it goes to inbox as I'm still signed in.

Cant update the password for the default admin through the gui. Now I'll poke around to see if I can do it manually.

l4cky

Reaction score
I have same exact issue on fresh install fully patched. It still works but I have to click refresh after getting the 500 error and it goes to inbox as I'm still signed in.

Cant update the password for the default admin through the gui. Now I'll poke around to see if I can do it manually.

yeah you can when logged into ssh

/root/avantfax-pw-change

Thats as far as I have found out.

I don't know if the login problems cause other problems with faxing. It would be great if you can find out why this error happened. I also heard from @wardmundy 16-15 will soon be replaced by 2020 for Raspberry pie somewhere beginning of next year. I wish to use 16-15, I think you can use the backup and restore to 2020, but I am not sure. Gotta wait for master wardmundy to confirm.

Let us know if you can solve these issues and if these issues bring further problem that we haven't seen in incrediblefax.

--------------

Also found this thread if you can try to see if it helps, I am not sure to understand it. https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/avantfax-unable-to-login-after-install.15917/

Last edited:

JoeOIVOV

Reaction score
Yeah too many issues in my opinion with 16-15 for Raspberry Pi4 There is a weird bug I'm guessing it has something to do with PHP - actually many all the issues are because of PHP.

Avantfax - wont save changes from gui
UCP - wont work or install
The way "echo -e" is processed works weird on this version. It ends up showing -e as a leftover whenever it occurs. By removing the -e in the command removes the cosmetic glitch and doesn't affect the command. Seems to be PHP related again, I don't understand this OS at that level but I'm just suspecting.

I spun up a Centos 7 VM version of IncrediblePBX 2020 which is working great! All those issues I mentioned above are resolved.

JoeOIVOV

Reaction score
I did notice that on the new 2020 version when you navigate to http://PBX/avantfax it prompts for the Apache Server admin password as Ward suggested entering above, This is the first I've seen it but it works with the default pw of password until you change it with the apache-pw-change script.
It definitely doesn't do this on 16-15, regardless of password length and ifs changed or not. Maybe the reason for the 500 error?

l4cky

Reaction score
Yeah too many issues in my opinion with 16-15 for Raspberry Pi4 There is a weird bug I'm guessing it has something to do with PHP - actually many all the issues are because of PHP.

Avantfax - wont save changes from gui
UCP - wont work or install
The way "echo -e" is processed works weird on this version. It ends up showing -e as a leftover whenever it occurs. By removing the -e in the command removes the cosmetic glitch and doesn't affect the command. Seems to be PHP related again, I don't understand this OS at that level but I'm just suspecting.

I spun up a Centos 7 VM version of IncrediblePBX 2020 which is working great! All those issues I mentioned above are resolved.

Good to know. I know the version of php is not the same of freepbx13 vs the newest one, and im not sure about the 2020.

I like the raspberry cuz it helps me to save a ton of space.

I personally don't think they update much the 16-15, cuz the 2020 for raspbian will be out soon.

I am using a pi 3+, but I don't think it changes anything, our errors remain the same.

Reaction score
Good to know. I know the version of php is not the same of freepbx13 vs the newest one, and im not sure about the 2020.

I like the raspberry cuz it helps me to save a ton of space.

I personally don't think they update much the 16-15, cuz the 2020 for raspbian will be out soon.

I am using a pi 3+, but I don't think it changes anything, our errors remain the same.

Hope all the problem will be fixed on the 2020 for raspbian.

lawit

Reaction score
I am having the same exact issues as described below on the incredible fax 2020 build. Biggest issue with this is inability to customize users. Anyone know how to manually edit user tables from terminal?

There is an HTTP ERROR 500 no matter which browser) after a fresh install.

It happens at least on:

1 right after a username/password login
2 lost password form
3 unable to modify the admin username configuration

To be able to login, it requires to put password and username; then press f5 to refresh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macrohat
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.