GOOD NEWS Incredible Ubuntu 18.04

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's been a very long time but...

We're getting close with Incredible PBX 13-13 running on the Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic platform...

DdVkPH_W0AAPZhy.jpg

Last edited:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, and not meant to be negative - I probably missed a post somewhere. Is there a reason you are sticking with FreePBX 13 vs 14?

Is 14 even worse with regard to license / update issues, or is it just a one step at a time thing?

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
@jerrm There was a post a while back that talked about support for FreePBX 13 at the time. Ward goes into detail as to why we initially weren't going to get it. I can't seem to find the post in question. @wardmundy would you be able to help out here?

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
@wardmundy got comfortable enough with FreePBX13 to hold his nose and give us IPBX 13-13, but FreePBX 14 is current now with 15 in the wings.

Again - NOT complaining, just curious.

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
FreePBX,swings both ways, for debian stretch I use asterk-13-latest or asterisk-15-latest, 13 and 16 are designsted LTS , 14 is EOL in september.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
FreePBX,swings both ways, for debian stretch I use asterk-13-latest or asterisk-15-latest, 13 and 16 are designsted LTS , 14 is EOL in september.
Understand the Asterisk release cycle. The question was about FreePBX versions used in Incredible.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What we've concluded from a resources standpoint is that it made more sense to stick with the FreePBX 13 GPL modules for the time being. Once Asterisk 18 LTS is released, we'll decide how to proceed with all of the various Incredible PBX releases moving forward.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
It's been a very long time but...

We're getting close with Incredible PBX 13-13 running on the Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic platform...

DdVkPH_W0AAPZhy.jpg

Is this 64 bit only? I have a 32 bit Atom box (freshly aquired) I would like to try this on when the build script is available.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
To be honest, 32-bit doesn't make much sense given the direction in which Ubuntu is headed with the 18.04 LTS release.

shetu

Reaction score
Trying to install this at vmware. amportal restart show me that I do not install freepbx.
I get this error msg too-
0. include_once /var/www/html/admin/config.php :100
1. require_once /etc/freepbx.conf : 9
2. FreePBX\Freepbx_conf parse_amportal_conf /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php179
3. file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Freepbx_conf.class.php 321
4. Whoops\Run handleError <#unknown>0
5. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Freepbx_conf.class.php 321

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Freepbx_conf.class.php
  1. * components don't have to keep being 'gun shy' about these variables.
  2. *
  3. * we will read these settings out of the db, but only when $filename is writeable
  4. * otherwise, we read the $filename
  5. */
  6. // If conf file is not writable, then we use it as the master so parse it.
  7. if (!is_writable($filename) || $file_is_authority) {
  8. $file = file($filename);
  9. if (is_array($file)) {
  10. $write_back = false;

MUTLU BATTAL

Reaction score
I have installed IncrediblePBX on Ubuntu 18.04 32bit according to your directions.
there is no user named "root" in Ubuntu. (for root privileges we use sudo command). I use my user name to setup the Ubuntu server.
I made admin password with sudo /root/admin-pw-change.
when I get to GUI page my admin password does not work.
When I try fwconsole unlock (php adress), I get
[Whoops\Exception\ErrorException]
session_start(): Session data file is not created by your uid.
unlock [args1] ... [argsN]
Whooops\Exception\ErrorException: Unknown: Session data file is not created by your uid in file Unknown on line 0
Stack trace:0
1. () Unknown0

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
All Ubuntu servers come with a root user. Depending on how you're running it, cloud servers have this root account as the "default." If you have it running on a dedicated piece of hardware or a virtual machine (manual installation) you'll need to set the root password by running "sudo passwd root."

From here, you would edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and set PermitRootLogin to yes then restart your server. You will then be able to SSH in as root and continue with the tutorial.

rdoac

Reaction score
Do incrediblebackup/restore work from ubuntu 14.04?

pinto2020

Reaction score
I followed the instructions to install the Incredible PBX and fax. Unlike previous version where you could just select Custom Destination = Fax (Hylafax) for Inbound route, in this version custom destination is not already there.

Could someone please provide step by step instructions on how to do it. I tried detect fax, SIP fax and select custom application but not sure what to enter as the application commands.

Thanks for the response

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.