BUG Incredible pbx statistics trunks offline

toddhutch

Reaction score
Good morning,

I'm running the recently released version of the rPi 3 b+ install, and I had 2 GVSIP trunk that I added yesterday and I added 2 GVSIP trunks this morning. Each time I add one an additional trunk shows up, as offline. Is this a bug?

Capture.png

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I see the same thing - I just installed two GVSIP trunks - if I go to Reports - Asterisk Info - Chan_PJSip Registrations, I can see them online. Did you ever find a resolve?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Same here - Maybe asterisk does not 'see'/monitor these GVSIP trunks as it does others. It is disconserting but as long as calls go through does it really matter that much?

billsimon

Reaction score
The trunk status relies on Asterisk sending OPTIONS packets (using the "qualify" setting) to the provider and getting a response. This is essentially a "ping."

GV does not accept OPTIONS packets, thus you can't monitor it this way.

Ultimately, the graph is misleading. Just because I can send an OPTIONS packet to the trunk, does that mean it is really "online"? What if the provider has suspended my account for some reason, or they have some trouble and can't complete my calls or send calls to me? FreePBX will happily say that everything is "online" but all I know is that I can send a SIP OPTIONS packet to the provider and get a response back. Don't rely on that part of the graph for anything; it's not meaningful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.