GOOD NEWS Incredible PBX in the Google Cloud

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Hmm... Is it cheaper to do each instance with them or do a larger prox with them and create your own VM's from it? How does pricing compare to Vultr or DigitalOcean when scaled?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hmm... Is it cheaper to do each instance with them or do a larger prox with them and create your own VM's from it? How does pricing compare to Vultr or DigitalOcean when scaled?

I built two instances (one at a time in use) over the past few days. My $300 is long gone so... I'll let you know when the bills come out later this week. By the way, the performance is pretty terrible in the GUI, but the calls sound fine. No comparison to Digital Ocean, Vultr, or even the $1/month VPS providers. I'd estimate 10-20 times better performance on the other platforms. But, hey, some folks love Google. :wub:

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
If the performance is so terrible, why bother posting this? Seems like it'll get more people tied in a knot than anything else.

PBX Novice

Reaction score
I had real performance issues previously running on the free tier- for ex. my IVR would stutter until I upped the performance specs

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If the performance is so terrible, why bother posting this? Seems like it'll get more people tied in a knot than anything else.

Nothing precludes upping the horsepower if somebody decides that the Google Cloud is the way to go. As I said, it works. It's just pretty slow. But there are lots of folks that believe "free" trumps everything else. About 1,000 of them hit Nerd Vittles last night. :piggy::piggy::piggy:

KNERD

Reaction score
I am sorry, but this is NOT good news.

Android phones still track you when location services are off

https://www.cnet.com/news/android-phones-still-track-you-when-location-services-are-off/

Google Struggles to Contain Employee Uproar Over China Censorship Plans

https://theintercept.com/2018/08/03/google-search-engine-china-censorship-backlash/

Europe has fined Google $2.7 billion for manipulating search results

https://www.recode.net/2017/6/27/15878980/europe-fine-google-antitrust-search

Google's Nest alarm system has a microphone, unknown to consumers

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/googles-nest-alarm-system-has-a-microphone-unknown-to-consumers/

I could go one, but after seeing those, you are starting to get the point. It is a very evil company,

jreming

Reaction score
Really having a hard time making this this work.

Bit of history.

Been using fpbx for a few years and found ipbx, incorporated a few things from ipbx into fpbx like the fax installer script.

about a year ago my fpbx starting acting up, license expired broke the whole system, ended up getting a hiformance vps with incrediblepbx running with 0 issues.

After that went down, I ended up installing ipbx on my fpbx box with 0 issue.

Fast forward a bit and I noticed my MoH stopped working, and I decided to reinstall from scratch. Reinstall worked but had issues, still have issues.

Decided to try running the script again but in a test environment, same result bunch of SQL errors, and ext cant create a aor.

Tried installing on CentOS 6.10, 7.6, tried using the ISO and finally saw this post.

Literally ran the install twice now and still getting the same exact issue.

How are you guys getting this to work?

Note calling out works, but am unable to call an extension plus getting a crap ton of

[2019-03-28 04:21:57] WARNING[21727] db.c: Couldn't execute stmt: SQL logic error or missing database
[2019-03-28 04:21:57] WARNING[21727] db.c: Couldn't execute statement: SQL logic error or missing database
[2019-03-28 04:52:33] ERROR[27430] res_pjsip_registrar.c: Unable to bind contact 'sip:[email protected]:5060' to AOR '1001'

These errors normally only popup on reloads
[2019-03-28 04:29:35] ERROR[23651] res_pjsip_endpoint_identifier_ip.c: Identify '1001-identify' is not configured to match anything.
[2019-03-28 04:29:35] ERROR[23651] res_sorcery_config.c: Could not create an object of type 'identify' with id '1001-identify' from configuration file 'pjsip.conf'
[2019-03-28 04:21:57] VERBOSE[21727] loader.c: Loading res_config_mysql.so.
[2019-03-28 04:21:57] WARNING[21727] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database user found, using 'asterisk' as default.
[2019-03-28 04:21:57] WARNING[21727] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database password found, using 'asterisk' as default.
[2019-03-28 04:21:57] WARNING[21727] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database host found, using localhost via socket.
[2019-03-28 04:21:57] WARNING[21727] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database name found, using 'asterisk' as default.
[2019-03-28 04:21:57] WARNING[21727] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database port found, using 3306 as default.
[2019-03-28 04:21:57] WARNING[21727] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database socket found, using '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' as default.
[2019-03-28 04:21:57] WARNING[21727] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database socket found (and unable to detect a suitable path).

How are you guys getting this to work, seriously?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try upping the horsepower on the platform at least during the install.

p.s. There are a half dozen $1/month VPS providers documented on Nerd Vittles with zero issues. And it's now easy to set up a redundant VPS platform for another $1 a month. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with Google Cloud but many had asked for it. And it will end up costing substantially more than $2 a month by the time you elevate your Google Cloud instance to a properly performing platform.

jreming

Reaction score
@wardmundy Thanks for the response, but I absolutely have 0 interest in running IncrediblePBX on google cloud.

I am using it in this instance as a test, seeing as this guide was posted 2 days ago I assumed everything would work so I can see whats different between googles centos and the iso I am trying to install it on, both in my test environment (home server) and eventually on my production server (powerhouse in the cloud).

Unfortunately I don't understand how if we are running the exact same script, how mine and 3x platforms/vm (local/cloud/google) all have the exact same issues and your is working.

Are you doing something to the vm prior to running the script outside of what listed, are there pre-requisites I need?

I find install MDB2 & MDB2#sqlite helps with some of them as well as adding gloabal DB variable to res_config_mysql.conf but I still get massive abouts of

db.c: Couldn't execute statement: SQL logic error or missing database

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
but I still get massive abouts of

db.c: Couldn't execute statement: SQL logic error or missing database
I see these too on a new CentOS 6.10/Ipbx 13-13.10 Full Enchilada install. Doesn't seem to be detrimental, but can confirm it's not just you.

jreming

Reaction score
Can you create pjsip extensions, login to those extensions and receive calls?

Also can you edit the settings in those extensions and have it reflected on the extensions dashboard as check-boxes?

Not being able to receive calls because the pbx cant register the extensions endpoint is pretty much detrimental

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try setting up a VPN connection with NeoRouter and login to your extension that way.

Appears to be a fragmented packets issue that prevents login with public IP address. Connection is instantaneous with the VPN.

Last edited:

jreming

Reaction score
Hey @wardmundy

Still a no go, getting the same exact error.

I guess I didnt explain the situation to well before. I can register with the pbx and place calls, its just the pbx cant store my endpoint because of some SQL logic error or missing db.

Asterisk Info, show my endpoint as unavailable, sip client show registered.

I have multiple installs of incredible pbx all doing the exact same thing, from on my local network, to other cloud providers and they all have the exact same result.

One a fresh install after creating a PJSIP Extension I always get the below 2 error msg whenever the extension is registered.

WARNING[21727] db.c: Couldn't execute statement: SQL logic error or missing database
ERROR[27430] res_pjsip_registrar.c: Unable to bind contact 'sip:[email protected]:5060' to AOR '1001'

The extension also has no issue calling out, it just can't receive any calls.

This is the same result no matter where/how I install including

KVM on my local network on CentOS 6.10, 7.6, or from the latest IncrediblePBX ISO
VirtualBox on my local machine with the same as above.
VMWare on my local machine with the same as above.
2x Completely different OpenVZ Hosts (Fast and reliable)
1x KVM Host (Fast and reliable)
and now on Google Cloud.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Can you create pjsip extensions, login to those extensions and receive calls?

Also can you edit the settings in those extensions and have it reflected on the extensions dashboard as check-boxes?

Not being able to receive calls because the pbx cant register the extensions endpoint is pretty much detrimental
Ahhh, I don't use PJSIP.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Jeremy Remington: Sorry. I cannot reproduce your problems. Did you follow the tutorial? If so, please provide a link in case we've missed something.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We have found the cause of the SQL logic errors. Google Cloud seems to clobber the permissions on /var/lib/asterisk which makes AstDB unwritable. Try this:
Code:
chown -R asterisk:asterisk /var/lib/asterisk
amportal restart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.