FYI Incredible PBX help

PBX Novice

Reaction score
Hi

Complete novice here

Just setting up the hiformance incredible PBX with a gvsip and it's showing that the detailed status is "disconnected" and
Buddies: Removed for Debugging Purposes

Any ideas what's the issue?

Thanks

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
At a quick glance and your details, your using a dead mode to Google voice. That sounds like you added this in Chan_Motif which GVSIP does not work with any longer. The new GVSIP method (search NerdVittles or this forum) will always show the GVSIP trunks as Offline (at least my four it does) but the Asterisk Info on Registrations will show them as PJSIP registrations.

Remove the Chan_Motif way and start over. Good Luck.

PBX Novice

Reaction score
Thanks for replying

I used the incredible pbx google voice (motif) setup
with the google Oauth refresh token

I show for the asterisk summary report:

Summary
Asterisk System uptime: 21 hours, 27 minutes, 3 seconds
Last reload: 2 hours, 2 minutes, 4 seconds
Active SIP Channel(s): 0 Active PJSIP Channel(s): 0 Active IAX2 Channel(s): 0
Sip Registry: 1 PJSip Registrations: 0 IAX2 Registry: 1
Sip Peers:
Online: 1
Online-Unmonitored: 0
Offline: 1
Offline-Unmonitored: 0
PJSip Endpoints:
Available: 0
Unavailable: 0
Unknown: 0
IAX2 Peers:
Online: 4
Offline: 7
Unmonitored: 0

Thanks in advance for any insights

PBX Novice

Reaction score
I redid the process and now it shows as connected
But still not getting a call through on the yate client :/ though the other functions seem to work (like yahoo)

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
Don't forget to add an inbound rout to match your GV number and where to send it (yate extension) -- what I see is it goes to your default route and that is set to hang up.

the GVSip show up on Reports->Asterisk Info->PJSip section -- your dashboard will always show these as OFFLINE, no idsea why but mine do and they do work, although I never use them, (I don't like the fact I cannot use my main number so the GV number stays secret. for my system though, I may make one a voicemail call-in number as mostly all of mine will be remotes or even just virtual since I don't want 146 exceptions to IPtables and I found opening 5060 gets a lot of hits, but this means no sip client on my phone, as cell networks - you cannot determine as you're moving and IPs change like underwear as you do.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FYI: Looks like all Google Voice GVSIP are also dead this morning even though they show as registered with /root/gvsip-naf/show-trunks.

PBX Novice

Reaction score
hmm could I get the link to the non-motif way?

Also @wardmundy I'm confused after the hiformance incredible pbx setup what else I needed to do?

I'm unsure about setting up the neo router to have a private IP (truth is I'm not sure why but I had to manually add my IP to allow access to the incredible pbx gui from my browser) and port-knocker- it doesn't seem to be allowing access from a SSH console?

Is there a recommended (affordable) SIP trunk provider that has safeguards against toll fraud?

I self profess I am a complete newb here and appreciate all the help offered. (I am an administrator for a non-profit school trying to piece together an shoe-string budget VoiP system to replace our over-priced Verizon line)

Thanks so much

Reaction score
I have never set either of those up. Neo Router is on my list of things to do but can't get to it in the next week.

I am not really worried about port knocker as I am behind a hardware firewall and a residential gateway I can't control.

PBX Novice

Reaction score
@wardmundy or anyone else :) I installed with the Pjsip method and the trunk didn't register think there was an issue with the Oauth refresh token, so I ran the installer again with a new refresh token and it registered. How do I remove the broken attempt? (Do I need to?) Is there an easy way to just change the refresh token?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

PBX Novice

Reaction score
More pressing question for me- I'm having difficulty setting up access to the system (IP phone or even softphones) any guidance for this? I get timeouts trying to connect the user extension@the IP of the server

Thanks for any help!

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
If you did what I think you did, good luck.

No details on systen and phone or from where you set up the initial script from. If you used the SSH console inside the Hiformance portal, well you best move all your phones to the data center. IncrediblePBX locks down to the sever it is in (hiFormance IP), the IP where the script was run from (if you used the SSH inside portal, this is also HiFormance IP -- using Putty or similar from a computer at your location, will pick out your public IP for you).

If you did from the portal side you have two options, destroy and recreate everything (but use Putty for the SSH) or run

./add-ip myhomeqth 123.45.67.89 (replace with your REAL IP address and choose option 0 (zero not oh) for access to everything [if you have a dynamic IP (one that changes often), then use a service like DynDNS] ).

problem with line above is that IncrediblePBX locks down the PBX so you may need to run this in the portal first as well.

PBX Novice

Reaction score
@mainenotarynet I initially set up using the Hiformance SSH console (as shown in the video) and discovered I was locked out of the Incredible pbx GUI from my browser. I reinstalled the Incredible pbx and ran the script again from the windows SSH console and again was locked out. I searched and whitelisted manually my IP and that granted access to the GUI.

But I'm not sure why I can't access the VPN server and why when I try a softphone it times out- I was suspecting that I needed to configure the VPN and port knocker to allow access

PBX Novice

Reaction score
This is what I was referring to before:

Chan_PJSip Registrations

<Registration/ServerURI..............................> <Auth..........> <Status.......>
==========================================================================================

gvsip1/sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com gvsip1 Registered
gvsip2/sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com gvsip2 Unregistered

Objects found: 2

PBX Novice

Reaction score
:helpsmilie::banghead: I got my IP phone to register with the pbx and my gvsip trunk, but now it says that any call I make can't be completed as dialed...

Any ideas???

PBX Novice

Reaction score
I'm guessing I need to learn a bit more about dialing patterns...
ah trial and error

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
For what reason do you need the VPN? I set up a neorouter sever on a second box as I WAS going to attempt a High Availability setup wher you have two Identical Incredible servers in two separate data centers and have a third box (my neorouter server box) monitor the two and if Master goes down would switch to the secondary, when master comes back up, the 'sentry' would see it and give control back to master. I didn't do that so the VPN is really not necessary. Port knocker would be great if it did by MAC address of a device as Cell phones on networks bounce around too much for it to be of any use for a remote mobile (GSWave, CSIp Simple, Bria, etc to work reliably, I'm better off with a few hidden DISA (Direct Inward System Access) numbers than to futz with opening up 5060 so I can use a sip client on my cell.

As for Dial patterns, I don't think that is your problem, did you create an Outbound route that uses the GVSIP1 Trunk (since 2 is unregistered) -- I do remember a Nervittles article that mentioned how to delete the GVSIP trunk - see that site and search.

My guess is you have the trunk but the outbound route (which does need a dialplan may need tweaking. Mine is a special case as I have +/- 20 numbers in specific groupings, so to force calls out specific trunks all my outbound routes have dial prefixes or Caller ID (extension) restrictions. Se if you have a patetrn called GVSIP1-Out (or similar) it may show a dial pattern like prepend + Prefix | Dial Pattern / Caller ID

blank + 481 | NXXNXXXXXX / Blank

and the trunk Selected should be the GVSIP1 Trunk. Again my guess is that you did not enter the prefix and a default route has nowhere to send the call.

check these things out and let us know, want a bit of one-on-one help, google my username as three words, you will find a number for me, but to force my cell (for right now atleast, add 2 to the last digit of the number(s) you find -- I don't have all my trunks in yet and this is another group I run numbers for. Ask for ext 3800

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.