SUGGESTIONS Incredible PBX for Wazo on Amazon EC2?

Chakravarty

Reaction score
Hi, Sorry if this is a question that has been answered before. My goal is to install Wazo on AWS EC2 and then use this article - http://nerdvittles.com/?p=22087 - to set up the interaction with AWS Polly TTS. I tried to install using the IncrediblePBX14-Wazo.sh installer but unfortunately my EC2 failed to reboot after completion of most install steps. My question at this time is to request if there any guidance on how I can get Wazo up and running on Amazon EC2? Thanks!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Our recommendation is DON'T. We've got an article coming out late next week with some more cost-effective and secure alternatives.

Matt Kaufman

Reaction score
Ward, I too am interested in hosting on Amazon EC2 or Google Cloud Platform. I know there are more cost-effective solutions (we are currently hosting on rentpbx.com), but my interest is not based on cost but rather on enterprise-grade reliability. We had an outage this morning due to a hardware failure at the data center and I'm confident hosting on EC2 or GCP would improve reliability and allow us to create snapshots and images which assist with rapid deployment, etc.
I know it's not a high priority for the project, but I hope that the idea isn't totally rejected.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We try to be Provider-Neutral as best we can. Just can't test everything, and EC2 is like learning Chinese after you've been speaking French your entire life. It doesn't mean it's bad. It's just very different. And the cost is prohibitive to many that follow our adventures so we've pretty much shelved it.

Got tired of the $3 and $4 monthly charges when we had nothing running. :oops:

Be sure you disable the 172 subnet in IPtables if you use Incredible PBX. Amazon routes these addresses even though they're supposed to be private IP addresses!

Matt Kaufman

Reaction score
I totally understand, and that does make sense. As a small business owner though, I am interested in running my PBX on something more reliable and scalable. Our current rentpbx bill (with your discount + added RAM) is just under $30/month, and that's actually more than the cost of running on Google Cloud Platform (and I they give out a lot of free credits to sweeten the deal).
I have several contacts at Google and I'd be more than happy to contribute my time and knowledge to the project, if it's something you think is worthwhile.

Chakravarty

Reaction score
Understand the challenge but sorry to hear this. EC2 has become somewhat ubiquitous, and it would be great to be able to use the combinations with Lex and Polly. I see that there are a couple of old PIAF AMI images on Amazon. Wondering if I can use those with the Polly TTS script to update the dial plan as here:
cd /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/nv-polly-wazo.tar.gz
tar zxvf nv-polly-wazo.tar.gz
rm -f nv-polly-wazo.tar.gz
apt-get -y install libsox-fmt-mp3
./install-polly-dialplan.sh
nano -w pollytts.php

Chakravarty

Reaction score
Update: I was able to get pollytts.php to work with my old PIAF green install on EC2. Updated PHP and updated sox versions, lots of chmod - and Hurray.

Chakravarty

Reaction score
Hello - One issue is that my PIAF GREEN FreePBX GUI is no longer working after the PHP upgrade from 5.3 to 5.6. I needed to make the upgrade - I thought - to get Polly to work, but now my GUI is broken. Please can you help?
php -v
PHP 5.6.30 (cli) (built: Jan 19 2017 22:50:24)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
PHP 5.6 is not supported with PIAF-Green or FreePBX 2.11.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.