TIPS Incredible for VitalPBX

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
NEWS FLASH: Beginning later today, Custom Contexts will become a FREE add-on to VitalPBX which means you can add as many as you like at no charge and use them within the VitalPBX GUI. Now you have a real alternative to FreePBX!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

markieb

Reaction score
NEWS FLASH: Beginning later today, Custom Contexts will become a FREE add-on to VitalPBX which means you can add as many as you like at no charge and use them within the VitalPBX GUI. Now you have a real alternative to FreePBX!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:
That's great news!
Thouge I've still to find the free time to take it for a spin :(

hawk#1

Reaction score
yes saving money is definitely good news and will also make customizing it easier.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
yes saving money is definitely good news and will also make customizing it easier.

Yep. And it pretty much brings VitalPBX to functional equivalence with FreePBX + much more.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
And it's now available...

If you’ve previously installed VitalPBX, just click Admin:Add-ons and then Check Online. When the download finishes, click the Update icon in the Custom Contexts line to upgrade to 2.3.0-1.

mmonteusa

Reaction score
gents, quick question on "incredible pbx" .... jumping back in the open source VoIP party after many years.
I see evil corp grabbed Asterisk and Freepbx, and the issuing dissension...
I see PBIF, Fusion, and now Vital seem to be players... What I dont understand is, where Incredible plays, and why PBIX would promote VitalPBX....

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're all about more options not fewer. Simple as that.

mmonteusa

Reaction score
Ok, makes sense on choice.
Can you help me understand the difference in Incredible, Freepbx and VitalPBX. Often there seems to be comparisons between Vital and Freepbx, but then their seems to be this incredible insert...
I saw Asterisk under covers and FreePBX on top, I saw Asterisk under covers and VitalPBX on top.... So the most recent article of Vital and Incredible has me confused. Sorry for being the noob..

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'm working on a comparison. You'll be the first to know when it's ready. In the meantime, try them all. They're all free.

dallas

Reaction score
Will there be a version for RaspberryPi?

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
3) Ring groups are a little different because if you include an external number in them, you can't set it to ask the external recipient if they want to push 1 to accept, 2 to reject. So if your external number is a cell phone that is out of range, it will dump to the cell phone voicemail.
Still? Geez. That's a non-starter for me.

kenn10

Reaction score
I have already submitted a feature request with the VitalPBX team to add this functionality. Maybe we'll see it in a future release. You can work around it by routing your inbound route to a virtual extension and setting up the follow-me ring group to do what you want.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I have already submitted a feature request with the VitalPBX team to add this functionality. Maybe we'll see it in a future release. You can work around it by routing your inbound route to a virtual extension and setting up the follow-me ring group to do what you want.
Ward (via my request) submitted this years ago. Obviously they don't want to expose the feature since it is part of Asterisk (or maybe it's FreePBX that makes this function work) and all.
My use case does not allow me to use it as an extension, as it's an inbound ring group where I have this implemented. Unless of course I can route the Inbound route to the extension and then have 9-10 follow me's ring at the same time?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Where does FreePBX Distro rank on your list of options? :biggrinjester:
(Sorrry, could help but ask...:offtopic: )

Yeah. That is a bit off topic and really not relevant to my objective which was to find all available Asterisk-based alternatives WITH FEATURE PARITY to the FREE version of FreePBX which we all have been stuck with for about a decade. With the addition of free Custom Contexts to VitalPBX yesterday, I think they join the very short list with Issabel and Wazo. Issabel/Elastix is very old code on an aging Asterisk platform and Wazo unfortunately has a very different interface and design with an extremely steep learning curve. The real beauty of the VitalPBX alternative is the learning curve from FreePBX is almost zero and it uses Asterisk 16 LTS.

Last edited:

billsimon

Reaction score
FEATURE PARITY to the FREE version of FreePBX

I look forward to seeing your comparison chart mentioned upthread. FreePBX is great but I don't feel like there's a lot it does that others haven't matched. Maybe I haven't paid enough attention to the scene.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
You know, Ward mentions Wazo further down, I'm kinda thinking it was them we reported this same issue to. Anywho, if I find some time from the paying job I may give this a spin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.