wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Some interesting concurrent call stats using a Raspberry Pi 3B+

VitalPBX_StressTest_SIP_RaspberryPI3.png

FYI: The Raspberry Pi Foundation says you can expect a 3x performance boost using a Raspberry Pi 4B compared to a 3B+.

Last edited:

markieb

Reaction score
Looks like something I might have to take a good long look at.
The only thing I'd miss that I rely on is CID Superfecta :smile5:

kenn10

Reaction score
Looks like something I might have to take a good long look at.
The only thing I'd miss that I rely on is CID Superfecta :smile5:
If you can utilize OpenCNAM.com in your location, that lookup capability is built into VitalPBX. I just pushed through a few sample international numbers on their query website and got cnam response from France, the UK and South Africa.

markieb

Reaction score
If you can utilize OpenCNAM.com in your location, that lookup capability is built into VitalPBX. I just pushed through a few sample international numbers on their query website and got cnam response from France, the UK and South Africa.
That's great, though the way I use Superfecta is....First check local address book for a contact name, if nothing is listed for the number then do a lookup of area name for local dialling code. The address book is always the first goto. I could have several hundred number lookups a day, paying for the Area code name lookup in OpenCNAM as opposed to the free lookup I have in Superfecta leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I use Superfecta for name lookup on Outgoing calls as well and then log it in the CDR. My clients love having names displayed automatically on their phones for inbound and outbound calls.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Coming this weekend for the pioneers: Incredible PBX 2.3.8 for VitalPBX

EF9l5kcWkAA8-AJ

markieb

Reaction score
I haven't even had a chance to test drive the Vanilla VitalPBX, too fast Ward! lol

kenn10

Reaction score
I've been playing with the beta 2.3.7 version on my cloud instance. It's pretty slick. There is a learning curve to figure out where all the things you want live in the menu tree but once you figure it out, its just as easy as FreePBX. I found setting up trunks using chan_sip was quite straight forward. I still avoid pjsip like the plague so I haven't tried that. Overall the former Xorcom turned Ombutel turned VitalPBX is quite slick. Here are my observations so far:

1) To do a GUI based custom context (equvalent to FreePBX custom destinations), they want you to download a commercial custom-context module for pay. There is a workaround to create their equivalent of an extensions_custom.conf but I had to research it on their forums and haven't tried it yet.

2) Not all configs are in the /etc/asterisk directory. Their is an ombutel subdirectory with a lot of special config files for their application. Don't hope that you can use your FreePBX /etc/asterisk/*conf files on VitalPBX.

3) Ring groups are a little different because if you include an external number in them, you can't set it to ask the external recipient if they want to push 1 to accept, 2 to reject. So if your external number is a cell phone that is out of range, it will dump to the cell phone voicemail. I was able to get around that by using the extension follow-me settings and point the DID directly at the extension. Then it will ask the external recipient to accept the call. Also on follow-me, it plays a recording that you are not at your desk and that it will try to locate you as it moves to the follow-me ring group.

4) It will not install and run on Hosting73 Centos-7 64-bit. Asterisk and VitalPBX work but the same issue occurs with Fail2ban not starting and iptables not running. Installing Ward's TM3 fixes the firewall but you will have to tinker further to disable auto-startup of Fail2ban and the firewalld service. You also have to set iptables to auto-start.

5) VitalPBX supports class-of-service so you can create restriction groups to limit calling and feature access. A definite leg-up over standard FreePBX features. This gives you great flexibility per extension and gives features more like a proprietary PBX like Avaya or Nortel systems. You can restrict outbound routes (say deny toll calling to employee's who don't need it, etc.)

6) There is out-of-the-box support for opencnam caller-id lookups but, alas, no CIDSuperfecta at this time.

7) There is an odd boss/secretary mode that simply routes all the boss calls to the secretary and only the secretary can directly ring the boss. Still no bridged call appearances on Asterisk.

8) It allows you to set up gmail as your smarthost for mail directly from the GUI. No downloads, makefiles or anything requiried.

9) There is built-in security for firewall, whitelists, services, etc. directly from within the GUI.

10) There is a built-in endpoint manager that supports a large variety of manufacturers and their products. I was happy to see most of the older Aastra/Mitel sets supported.

That's all I've uncovered so far. The system is stable and professional. Now we need to see what Ward's big brain can do to bring the enchilada experience to VitalPBX.

hawk#1

Reaction score
Thanks @wardmundy , something to tinker with over the weekend. I like it, but still prefer your GPL Incredible pbx 16-15.2.

kenn10

Reaction score
Must be some sort of DNS issue. I can get to nerdvittles.com but can't get to new.nerdvittles.com. Tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I'll try later.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's new.incrediblepbx.com not new.nerdvittles.com. :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@kenn10: Try this browser link OR...
Code:
wget -O incrediblepbx-2.3.8-1.iso https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/pbxinaflash/IncrediblePBX16%20for%20VitalPBX/incrediblepbx-2.3.8-1.iso?r=https%3A%2F%2Fsourceforge.net%2Fprojects%2Fpbxinaflash%2Ffiles%2FIncrediblePBX16%2520for%2520VitalPBX%2Fincrediblepbx-2.3.8-1.iso%2Fdownload&ts=1570390443

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.