GOOD NEWS Incredible PBX for RasPi3

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
With a little luck, we hope we have a new, stable build of Incredible PBX for the RasPi3 that includes the latest version of Asterisk 13 including the RTPbleed patch from Digium:

DJt0rykVwAAxKRE.png

Last edited:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Which pjsip are you using for these newer updates, bundled or pjsip.org?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
New Incredible PBX for RasPi image is now available on SourceForge with Asterisk 13.18.0 which resolves the Asterisk crashing issue with 13.17.1 and 13.17.2.

DN8kVoCWkAAXRpX.jpg

DN8lpMfUEAIpp48.jpg

Last edited:

Severian

Reaction score
I am happy to hear this. It is particularly neat that it runs on the Zero W. My old one has been running the first version for the Pi on the same SOC for several years quite well..

I want to ask a couple of questions about this new Raspberry Pi version. What version of PIAF is this based on? I am guessing it would be 5. I ask because I want to put the question in the right forum category on the main forum page, https://pbxinaflash.com/community/forums/.

I'll sneak one question in here. Is there somewhere I can contribute by sending a money order?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just post in the top Open Discussion section of the forum. The RasPi versions are based on a reworked version of PIAF 3 with Asterisk 13 and FreePBX 12 GPL modules. Contributions to our open source projects can be made at the top right of the Nerd Vittles main page Thanks.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're thinking about releasing a Virtual Box emulator (our development platform) that will run on your desktop. What do you think?

DU39OJ6U0AEe79o.jpg

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Save a little time on SuperBowl weekend and help us get the kinks out of the latest Incredible PBX 13-13 Whole Enchilada build for the Raspberry Pi. Includes latest Asterisk 13.19.0 build with Google Voice OAuth support and most FreePBX 13 GPL modules.

We're uploading the VirtualBox .ova template to SourceForge (3.2 GB) which will let you play around with things without a lot of installation hassles. This can be loaded to any VirtualBox platform on a PC, Mac, Linux box, or Solaris. This build is not suitable for use on a Raspberry Pi. It merely emulates the Raspberry Pi platform and feature set using 32-bit Debian 9.

Should be available about 5 p.m. EST, Friday evening.

When installing in VirtualBox, be sure to reinitialize Mac address by checking the box. Then start the Virtual Machine.

From the VirtualBox console, no login is required. Click on command shell icon (4th icon) and type ifconfig to obtain your VM's IP address to use with SSH or Putty. Type exit to close shell. Console also provides full GUI access to all RasPi goodies using the pi user account.

Using SSH or Putty, login as root to complete Incredible PBX setup. Skip resizing step on VirtualBox.
username: root
password: password

1. Run /root/update-passwords to update all passwords
2. Run /root/timezone-setup to set correct time zone
3. Run /root/neorouter-login to connect to your existing NeoRouter server

WARNING WARNING WARNING: This is a work in progress. NOT FOR PRODUCTION USE!

Last edited:

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
What do you think of including chan_dongle? Have been using it with great success and minimal issues for months.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Tell me how to install it, and I'll be glad to add it. Thanks.

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
3x production pbx's are using this version:
https://github.com/oleg-krv/asterisk-chan-dongle
asterisk13 branch

Check ebay for compatible modems, unlock codes generator are available online for free. I am using UMG181 and UMG1691, both dirt cheap when compared to a gsm gateway.

Check this sites:

http://dongleunlock.chandongle.com.br/index.php
https://texby.com/unlock-codes/huawei/
http://huaweicodecalculator.com/new-algo (working, requires free subscription, 3 unlocks per account)

Code:
git clone -b asterisk13 https://github.com/oleg-krv/asterisk-chan-dongle.git
cd asterisk-chan-dongle
aclocal
autoconf
automake -a
./configure
make install

asterisk permissions for ttyUSB ports:
Code:
usermod -a -G dialout asterisk

Create udev rules for ttyUSB* in file /etc/udev/rules.d/92-dongle.rules

Code:
 KERNEL=="ttyUSB*", MODE="0666", OWNER="asterisk", GROUP="uucp"

My /etc/asterisk/dongle.conf for 2 modems. Check original conf file for more details.
Code:
[general]

interval=15
[defaults]
context=from-trunk
group=0
rxgain=0
txgain=0
autodeletesms=yes
resetdongle=yes
u2diag=-1
usecallingpres=yes
callingpres=allowed_passed_screen
disablesms=no
language=en
smsaspdu=yes
mindtmfgap=45
mindtmfduration=10
mindtmfinterval=100

callwaiting=auto

disable=no

initstate=start

exten=+18xxxxxxxxx

dtmf=relax

[dongle0]
audio=/dev/ttyUSB1
data=/dev/ttyUSB2
rxgain=5                        ; 5 for xxxxx

[dongle1]
audio=/dev/ttyUSB4
data=/dev/ttyUSB5

Custom trunks for outgoing calls:
Code:
dongle/dongle0/$OUTNUM$
dongle/dongle1/$OUTNUM$

Last edited:

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
So I just fired up the VM. It runs OKAY. I noticed some degraded audio quality at first when calling various numbers on the system. Then again it's just for testing purposes. I can also report that VM to email works, after setting up my SMTP relay for Gmail.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.