PIONEERS Incredible PBX for Pogoplug 4

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread.

Is it possible to use IncrediblePBX on a Pogoplug V4 in 2021?

It's possible, just like its possible to install on a dreamplug, tonidoplug 2 and others.

I just can not recommend it.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Even I -- a stalwart IncrediblePBX-on-PogoPlug fan (well, I cheated and ran it on a Seagate Dockstar which is actually 50% faster) -- moved on to a Raspberry Pi when the 4B came out at stupid-cheap prices. But at the time my Pogo/Dockstar was still running fine on the Nerdvittles image. Clicking that "submit" button, however, required brewing a cup of coffee...

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Consider an alternative . . .

you get a solid albeit minimal amd64 device that uses < 10 watts and can install Incredible debian natively with room for later install of HomeAssistant (use docker) , a gui , perhaps mate or LXDE , supporting HDMI , motion (it comes with a camera) and a media server if you want it, all for $40, you also get a couple of 3.3v gpio's for door locks and such, and i2c for clever shit if you like arduinos (header included) ( I replace the nano with an esp32 on that header with a bit of trace cutting and soldering, now you have two wifi's, mqtt . . the world is now your oyster)

(I have a pogo, it still sucks :) )

Last edited:

Leggomyeggo

Reaction score
Lack of nodejs support for armv5 processors like in the Pogoplugs means FreePBX 13 is the last version you can run on a Kirkwood family device. I have a Dell Kace M300 running FPBX 13 and Asterisk 17 (with GV support) and while it's 2ghz armv5 processor and 2 Gb of ram is about as good as the Kirkwood family gets, it's blown away by the RasPi 4. Even to get FBX13 running I had to spend several hours tricking the build script to complete as well as compile the mariadb connector and in the end the effort wasn't worth it although I did learn a thing or two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.