I HAVE A DREAM Incredible PBX for Elastix

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Nice shade of lipstick on that pig.

OK, rather than just being snarky, I have to ask what the purpose of this is. Elastix 2.x isn't exactly innovative in any way nor does it stand out as a better platform than FreePBX or Ast GUI. So why do it? It seems difficult to support since most people on here are not Elastix users.

We went into this with the same views as you, billsimon. But neither of us apparently looked under the covers lately. It's a very different product from a year ago. Amazing what you can do with yum upgrade. Beautiful GUI based upon FreePBX 2.11 (forked edition), very current version of Asterisk 11, unbelievable collection of add-ons, and... All it really needs is your SIP-based implementation of Google Voice to complement the Incredible PBX feature set and security model, and it would be damn near perfect. Did we mention it's Gotcha-Free? You can read all about it shortly.

I've attached 18 pages of lipstick Add-Ons (some free, some paid) which may be of interest...

Attachments

• ElastixAddOns.pdf
    619.4 KB · Views: 40

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Is there a elastix mt incredible build ready for production? I'm confused in my searches on this topic.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Haven't gotten back to Elastix MT. Just Elastix 4.0 so far.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Haven't gotten back to Elastix MT. Just Elastix 4.0 so far.

This coupled with a statement made of "I don't know of anyone doing FreePBX development work except those on the Sangoma payroll." makes me question the road I'm going down.

Would one maybe start focusing their efforts of a long term plan based upon Incredible Elastix instead of the FreePBX version? Do you see this as the strong play into the future? (I know its forked from it, so most of the efforts I've put in I'm sure can be brought across).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.