FYI Incredible PBX 16-15 to 2020

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incredible PBX 2020 moves Incredible PBX to a FreePBX-centric platform that is 100%-compatible with the upgrade methodology of FreePBX while adding an enhanced upgrade design with multiple upgrade options available to every administrator, e.g. keeping a standard set of modules, adding newer tested modules to the mix, or bleeding edge with every new module as it becomes available. It also gives us the ability to add our own modules to the mix (for example, a firewall module that is not dependent upon commercial modules) without going through the cumbersome Sangoma certification process. Finally, it provides a platform in which we could once again enable module signatures if that were ever viewed as desirable (probably not).

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Incredible PBX 2020 moves Incredible PBX to a FreePBX-centric platform that is 100%-compatible with the upgrade methodology of FreePBX while adding an enhanced upgrade design with multiple upgrade options available to every administrator, e.g. keeping a standard set of modules, adding newer tested modules to the mix, or bleeding edge with every new module as it becomes available. It also gives us the ability to add our own modules to the mix (for example, a firewall module that is not dependent upon commercial modules) without going through the cumbersome Sangoma certification process. Finally, it provides a platform in which we could once again enable module signatures if that were ever viewed as desirable (probably not).

This piqued my curiosity. Curious as to how the above is accomplished under the covers.

I installed 2020 - vmware CentOS7. Install went OK - ended up with a running system.

First time I've really looked at an IPBX install in a loooong time. Not a big fan of the download and restore monolithic tarball install method. I like to see how my sausage is made.

Module Admin is not working for me, none of the options can be selected for upgrade - clicking on a module does not expand to show the details or select options. No way to select the upgrade for "vulnerable" User Management module or other available upgrades:

What am I missing?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@jerrm: Lack of userman update looks to be a bug on the ClearlyIP mirror. All other modules are current. Stay tuned for a userman fix.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@jerrm: I just upgraded without a problem by clicking on the User Management module name. It may be that you attempted the update before the Clearly IP mirror had sync'd up to Sangoma. NOW CONFIRMED.

ELnJYHMW4AAhhOB

Last edited:

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Thanks Ward! So I can just run incredible backup and upload my 16-15 backup to the newly spun-up 2020 and all should be good?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The magic word is "should." I haven't tested this yet so make a good backup or test it on a VM.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just a few more words of explanation. Incredible PBX 2020 uses the ClearlyIP mirrors, not Sangoma's. In coming weeks, you will be able to pick from various upgrade levels for your users. And, if there are certain modules that you want to lock into a specific version (for example, to address a bug in a later release), if you'll let me know, I will try to accommodate those requests. I will also document how to set up your servers with the specific platform you have requested. For example, most admins won't want end-users upgrading to a newer version of FreePBX on their own. Right now, we are blocking those upgrades by default, but this can be changed in an alternate version number. Changing this version number in Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Lock Version is the only change you'll need to make. Exciting times ahead!

kenn10

Reaction score
Thanks Ward! So I can just run incredible backup and upload my 16-15 backup to the newly spun-up 2020 and all should be good?
I actually updated all modules on my IncrediblePBX 16-15 system and then ran the FreePBX backup. I was able to restore the 16-15 backup to my newly created 2020 system without major issue. It did lose information on my parking lot but nothing else seemed to go wrong.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
@jerrm: Lack of userman update looks to be a bug on the ClearlyIP mirror. All other modules are current. Stay tuned for a userman fix.

Disabling my virus scanner gets things working. Something in the module admin page is triggering the Trend Micro scanner. Visually the page displays, but the script tied to the click event on the module list isn't loaded.

Really weird, but I'll dig into it later if needed.

FreePBX 15 installed on Debian works OK.

progs_00

Reaction score
Exactly my question krzykat. Also coming from a IPBX 13-12.2 will the restore work as it did or IPBX 16?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I can't think of any reason to stay with 16-15 now that Incredible PBX 2020 is available. Moving from Incredible PBX 13-12 is cut-and-paste unfortunately as too much has changed since FreePBX 12 which is no longer a supported platform by Sangoma (or us).

dallas

Reaction score
Are there any plans for Incredible PBX 2020 on Raspberry Pi?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.