FYI Incredible PBX 16-15 ISO?

windpoint

Reaction score
Does it actually exist? I tried to install on centos 7 with scripts. Failed though.

I did this in vm proxmox. thank you.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
No ISO is available at this time. Logs in /root will tell you where the problem is.

Eliad

Reaction score
I have installed it in Proxmox. You have to use create VM, for some reason installing it in a CT fails.

kcallis

Reaction score
Under Proxmox 6.2, I downloaded CentOS 7 minimal as a VM with a root of 20GB of HD, 1 core and 2G of RAM. I used the tutorial to install IncrediblePBX 16-15.2 and the first thing that I noticed was that files were not created in the /var and other directories. I just assumed that part of the process. After all of the first phase finished and rebooted, I started the phase 2 install. Again, files seemed not to install, and when it finally finished, none of the applications worked and the web server failed to start.

I know that the tutorial was aimed at a VPS installation, but if there something that I am missing in trying to get this running under proxmox?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Proxmox is an OpenVZ platform as best I recall. Not recommended for reasons you have discovered. Oughta work, but...

kcallis

Reaction score
Proxmox is an OpenVZ platform as best I recall. Not recommended for reasons you have discovered. Oughta work, but...
Well that sucks!!! My plan was to try a type 1 bare metal hypervisor and didn't really want to get in bed with VMWare and Xen is just too time consuming! I guess it would work best if I just installed Ubuntu server, add KVM and call it a day, but that seems to be counter intuitive. With Proxmox, I kind of got the best of both worlds... KVM and both lxc and docker (and zfs as well).

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
i never had a problem creating freepbx instances in proxmox if you make them in kvm machines.

kcallis

Reaction score
i never had a problem creating freepbx instances in proxmox if you make them in kvm machines.
I am going to blow away my instance and try one more time... That is the beauty of virtualization! :)

dicko

Reaction score
Just use an iso of your choice. No need to go the hard way.

kcallis

Reaction score
Just use an iso of your choice. No need to go the hard way.
As far as I understand, there is no ISO for Incredible16-15, hence using CentOS 7 and then wget'ting the scripts. I am leaning towards what @wardmundy said earlier about Proxmox/OpenVZ issues.

dicko

Reaction score
Proxmox does not use openvz in any way when deploying a KVM. Current version has replaced OpenVZ with LXC

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Haven't looked at Proxmox in a very long time... obviously. Sorry for the confusion. I'll take it for a spin soon.

Do the install logs tell you anything??

kcallis

Reaction score
Haven't looked at Proxmox in a very long time... obviously. Sorry for the confusion. I'll take it for a spin soon.

Do the install logs tell you anything??

After a long period of deep meditation and self reflecting, I am happy to announce that IncrediblePBX 2020 with Hylafax is working. The problem is that I was approaching this as a noob and blindly running the IncrediblePBX with out doing my due diligence and understanding the problem.

After installing the script and rebooted for phase 2, it would fail because of host names were not resolving. Looking that the /etc/resolv.conf, I found that the /etc/resolv.conf had been changed from my local DNS server to Google, add to the fact that the /etc/resolv.conf has attribute changed.

I created another CentOS 7 VM and did a wget of the script. Before starting the script, I changed the script to reflect my DNS server as opposed to using the DNS server. The reason for the change was is that my firewall filters the Google DNS, and that caused the script to fail. With this quick change, the script worked flawlessly and life is good in the universe.

I didn't mean to hijack that thread with a IPBX 2020 response, but I thought I would close out my misadventures!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.