FYI Incredible PBX 16-15 Backup

markd89

Reaction score
In my old Purple system, I use the Incredible Backup script.

For 13-13, Ward has a nice script here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=24610

Now I am configuring 16-15 and I see an option under Admin for Backup and Restore.

I have backups on Vultr, but if their backups are broken or they go out of business, I should have some recourse to get back to where I was.

I don't mind manually kicking off a backup. Once the configuration is dialed-in, it doesn't change much.

What's best?

Thanks!
Mark

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
From PIAF-Purple, it's pretty much cut-and-paste. That was a long time ago with a very different mix of applications.

markd89

Reaction score
Hi @wardmundy, thanks for your reply and sorry to be unclear.

Yes, I know I have to reconfigure the new system from scratch.

I'm asking how to backup the new system so that I can restore it if it gets corrupt, Vultr goes out of business or something else. Should I be using the Backup option in the UI or a script?

Thanks,
Mark

markd89

Reaction score
So, we have @wardmundy's incrediblebackup16 script. FreePBX also has a menu option under Admin for Backup and Restore.

Even on older flavors, I have always used Ward's scripts to backup and (fortunately) have never needed to restore.

Can someone explain any difference between the two backup methods?

Thanks much!
Mark

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.