FYI Incredible PBX 16-15 Backup

markd89

Reaction score
In my old Purple system, I use the Incredible Backup script.

For 13-13, Ward has a nice script here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=24610

Now I am configuring 16-15 and I see an option under Admin for Backup and Restore.

I have backups on Vultr, but if their backups are broken or they go out of business, I should have some recourse to get back to where I was.

I don't mind manually kicking off a backup. Once the configuration is dialed-in, it doesn't change much.

What's best?

Thanks!
Mark

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
From PIAF-Purple, it's pretty much cut-and-paste. That was a long time ago with a very different mix of applications.

markd89

Reaction score
Hi @wardmundy, thanks for your reply and sorry to be unclear.

Yes, I know I have to reconfigure the new system from scratch.

I'm asking how to backup the new system so that I can restore it if it gets corrupt, Vultr goes out of business or something else. Should I be using the Backup option in the UI or a script?

Thanks,
Mark

markd89

Reaction score
So, we have @wardmundy's incrediblebackup16 script. FreePBX also has a menu option under Admin for Backup and Restore.

Even on older flavors, I have always used Ward's scripts to backup and (fortunately) have never needed to restore.

Can someone explain any difference between the two backup methods?

Thanks much!
Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.