TIPS Incredible PBX 13 Raspi contacting 1e100.net

Michael_Melb

Reaction score
I've been playing around with a couple of IncrediblePBX13 Raspi installs and I have noticed that it is contacting different 1e100.net hosts on random UDP ports. I noticed this when I was debugging an inbound call from my ITSP.

If I lock the PBX down with my perimeter firewall so that it can only access DNS and my ITSP, then inbound and outbound calls take a long time (about 30 sec) to go through. I see nothing in the Asterisk verbose CLI until the 30 or so seconds has elapsed. Then everything works as advertised.

Opening up the firewall to allow all outbound connections from the PBX results in the PBX making and receiving those calls instantly.

I am not using Google Voice or any other external services. Just my PBX connecting to my ITSP (MaxoTel Australia). Also, the iptables firewall on the PBX has no effect to this problem when disabled or enabled.

My questions are, why is my PBX contacting 1e100.net, is this absolutely necessary, and can I stop it from doing this?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If your PBX is using 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 for DNS service, then you probably should leave it alone. If your using Google Voice, you definitely should leave it alone. Just curious. What is the perceived harm??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.