SOLVED Incredible PBX 13 MOH behaviour between extensions

casm23

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been working on an Incredible PBX installation on a RasPi 3 Model B and have run into something involving MOH that is probably a quick and easy fix, but I've been completely unable to find the settings I need to tweak to make it work the way I'd like it to.

The RasPi is running the current Incredible PBX 13 image, and has one registered SIP trunk plus a half-dozen Google Voice trunks configured. Calling is working correctly to, from, and between extensions as well as for calls to and from the trunks. An MOH profile is defined for custom MOH, and it works without issue on inbound and outbound calls.

Where I'm getting stuck, however, is that if a call between extensions is placed on hold, then the system-default MOH is used. My preference would be for the MOH profile that I defined to be used, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what needs to be changed to make that happen.

The answer is probably really simple, but I would really appreciate some pointers - I'm just not figuring it out on my own.

casm23

Reaction score
Of course, I go back and search again after posting my question... And find the answer in this thread.

So, moving on from the first question: I made the suggested edit to /etc/asterisk/globals_custom.conf, reloaded Asterisk, and MOH is now working as expected between extensions. However, I am wondering about the likelihood of this file being overwritten in an upgrade or update. Obviously, it's a possibility - but how likely? It was a zero-length file before I changed it, but may not always be in the future.

casm23

Reaction score
FYI: *_custom files are never overwritten.

Appreciate the pointer, and thanks. I haven't worked extensively with raw Asterisk since about 2009 so there's something of a re-learning curve here for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.