PIONEERS Incredible PBX 13 Lean

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
One of the more frequent requests we receive has been for a version of Incredible PBX 13 without all the bells and whistles, i.e. an installer that would create the operating system platform, the latest version of Asterisk, a clean Incredible GUI, and nothing else, i.e. no Incredible PBX applications.

We finally have seen the light and appreciate the need for developers to have a clean slate from which to build systems to meet customers' specific needs. Having said that, we're not going to publish anything without a functioning firewall so the preconfigured IPtables and Fail2Ban components are still in place. FLITE, Google TTS, and Google Voice support still is included. We also have left all the trunk setups in place although all of them are disabled. I'm still open to removing the trunk setups although I'm not sure why anyone would want to since they're disabled anyway.

CU_LfJ7WwAA7XJ0.jpg

Download the current edition of IncrediblePBX13.2.iso here. After installation, run /root/admin-pw-change to set the Incredible PBX GUI admin password. The Kennonsoft menu layer has been removed. Log in from your browser to set up everything in the GUI.

Last edited:

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Loading in a Vbox right now. A few issues. It stops at the ping step - even though the net *is* up and working. Gets the clock set wrong it will *not* believe the "hardware" clock isn't set to UTC, so it's 5 hours off.
Also, about that "light" thing... I see X, GTK, QT, Gnome, gstreamer, the full set of cross compiler tools (hmmm, PBX in an IBM mainframe lpar - there's a thought). Noticed this on an Ubuntu server install, too. We really need to pare down the dependencies - any real server environment doesn't need X, X drivers, fonts, desktops, etc...

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
OK, finished loading.
But, all I get is a blank screen when I go to the web page.

Guess I'll wait til I see how someone else makes out.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't. It's the pear DB.php thing again. I never ran into that, so I'm forum-diving right now to find the fix.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Ah. The pear DB module wasn't installed, at all.
Ran pear install db-1.7.14 and amportal restart, and now I have a GUI.
Yay. (Oh and the freepbx.debug log, has the wrong owner. Found both issues by scanning the httpd error log.)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Seem to be some DNS quirks. The pear install line is in the install script, but maybe it needs Apache running??

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
NetworkManager is definitely the problem. We're trying to bridge the gap between machines with older technology and those with the latest and greatest. One or the other is going to fail on the first reboot. The trick is figuring out how to make sure it doesn't fail after another reboot. If it does, then we want a way for the user to kick off Phase 2 of the install manually. What fun!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think we've resolved the network quirks so that it's all automagic now regardless of the hardware platform. And we've rolled Incredible Lean into the main ISO so you can choose it from the pick list. For the record, NetworkManager is a problem on some platforms. It works one way in the kickstart environment and a different way once you log into a server. In the VirtualBox environment, for example, DNS resolution fails during kickstart with NetworkManager loaded, but it works fine once you log in. Works just the opposite with newer hardware such as Intel NUC. This all may be the result of kickstart not supporting sudo.

So... we just removed NetworkManager during the install if there is a DNS failure. If anybody actually needs it, they can reinstall it with yum. Why doesn't this happen with "The Other Guys' ISOs?" Simple answer is all their stuff is RPM-based and it's rolled into the ISO. What makes Incredible PBX and PIAF unique and much more flexible is compilation support.

@Dave Gray: I can't reproduce the pear problem using VirtualBox on the Mac.

Here's the link for current edition of ISO to download.

Last edited:

omunni

Guru
Reaction score
I just downloaded the current edition of ISO. Created the USB Flash drive installer. Proceeded to install on NUC platform and it takes me to a screen saying: "Error downloading kickstart file" (ks.cfg). I tried installing by pressing CANCEL and results in an installation of 194 packages. It reboots properly but nothing else happens. I tried the beta3 ISO again and it installs 923 packages. Reboots properly and keeps moving onto phase 2 of the Incredible install. The installation is successful.
What changed on the current ISO? :(
Should I re-download and try again?

omunni

Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I did.
My apologies, I should have properly stated the issue.
My issue is: beta3 ISO (2015-11-23) installs successfully. However,the current edition ISO (2015-11-29) fails.
I thought something changed with the current ISO.
I will re-download and try again.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@omunni: I think I found the issue. Will post an update soon. In the meantime, enjoy beta3 for Whole Enchilada installs. :death:

Last edited:

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Just installed w/ the 13.2 iso, selected the 'lean' install. Loaded with no issue (actually *saw* the Pear DB install this time). Haven't got a phone attached yet, but it looks pretty good.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Hi Ward...have there been any changes in the base .gz files? We're decided to stick with incredible for now and we need to make sure the .gz are ok since we tried to install on digital ocean yesterday and it croaked.

Many thanks leon

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Whole Enchilada tar.gz image is unchanged. The Lean, Mean image is obviously new and hasn't been released yet other than as part of the new ISO.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
thanks ward...i've passed that on to my colleague doing the install at D.O. Will let you know what happens.

BTW have you thought of including in the .ISO not only CentOS but also the Ubunto image so one can pick betweenst the two?

Leon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.