SOLVED Incredible PBX 13 Extension will not register

Susan Walsh

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just built a new Raspberry Pi 2 with Incredible PBX 13.0.192.19 to replace an older version (PBX 11-3?). I did all of this on a second Pi so I could still have the old one up and running for reference. I gave the old Pi a new static IP address and the new Pi the static IP address of the old Pi. I installed the IPBX and Incredible Fax on the new Pi, which went OK. Next I added a few Google Voice accounts using the OAuth credentials and /root/gvsip-naf/install-gvsip and then added extensions on the IPBX and added the new passwords to my Grandstream GXP2160. All of those extensions registered and work fine.

Then I tried to add a Chan_SIP extension to the IPBX that would then talk to a Grandsteam HT503 VOIP to POTS adapter. I added a trunk line, incoming and outgoing trunks, and the extension as a sip device. All of the settings for the trunks and extension were the same that I used on the older Pi. For some reason, I cannot get the GXP2160 extension to successfully register with the IPBX. At this point I'm not concerned if I can talk through the HT503. I believe that will work (or I can get it to work), but first I need to get the extension to register.

I tried changing the IPBX extension SIP driver to CHAN_PJSIP and port 5061 and back to CHAN_SIP on port 5060 with no luck for either. I double checked the GXP2160 account password twice for both drivers and the IP addresses are correct. The ONLY GXP2160 account setting I changed was the password (and also the SIP port numbers when I changed the SIP drivers). All other settings are unchanged.

Since my old Pi is up and running, I tried switching the GXP2016 account to point back to the IP address of the old Pi and it registers using the old password with no problem.

Any suggestions where I might look for a hint at where the problem lies, or what the issue might be?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What does the Linux CLI or log show? Are the registration attempts hitting the Asterisk server at all? If not, it's probably a firewall problem. Have you registered the IP address of the GXP2160 using /root/add-ip?

Susan Walsh

Reaction score
Thanks Ward. That was it. The /root/add-ip got the phone to register. I did not think the firewall was a problem because my GVSIP lines were all working so I assumed that meant the phone IP address was OK with the firewall. I don't recall using this on the old Pi, but that was a LONG time ago. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.