QUESTION Incredible PBX 13-13 on Woot?

desmondfuller

Reaction score
As per Wade's suggestion awhile back I signed up for WootHosting and played around with Wazo. Personally I missed Incredible PBX (yes, I'm old school).

I know the lastest posting discusses installing it at HiFormance but can this be done on Woot as well?

restamp

Reaction score
Every VPS Hosting company has its idiosyncrasies, but Woot Hosting is in a class by itself. It vastly oversells its servers. Mind you, this does not render its VPSes useless, but it does severely restrict what they can be used for, and applications with real-time needs are not a good match. I have a Woot VPS and I use it for storage, email, and serving up some websites -- for some reason, Apache, though not speedy, does not seem to be as impacted as other applications in this environment, possibly because it is in high enough demand among the various containers on a server to keep itself always cached. But I would never consider running Asterisk there.

If you want to run 13-13, do yourself a favor and invest a sawbuck in a HiFormance VPS running CentOS 6. Believe me, you'll save yourself a lot of grief.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.