QUESTION Incredible PBX 13/13: Need to disable F2B/IP Tables Email Notifications

nateornat

Reaction score
Asterisk 13.22.0 Incredible 13.0.120.10
Hopefully a quick question/solution. I'm running a couple servers with Incredible PBX and the "whole enchilada" installed. Fail2Ban is apparently working great because i am getting a ton of emails saying alot of IPs have been blocked.
Which is great, but because of the amount of emails being relayed, google is looking at the email I used in setup, to say the message is coming from, as a spamming email. Now a lot of my regular emails aren't going through.
I am just wondering if there is an easy way to disable Fail2Ban from using sendmail. I don't necessarily need to know every ip blocked.

Thanks everyone for your help.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Look in /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf (or search for this file if it isn't in that location on your machine)

Each of your jails is shown in brackets (like [ssh-iptables])
each section likely has a line which reads something like:

sendmail-whois[name=SSH, dest=root@localhost, [email protected]]

comment (# at front of line) this line and see if your emails stop.

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.