NO JOY Incredible PBX 12 / Asterisk 13 - cannot change file permissions?

Reaction score
Probably a 'stupid' question but here I go....

Need to move an existing Incredible PBX user to a new machine. Without getting into 'it's old; move on to Xivo, etc' debates, the user has been on the FreePBX GUI forever. Now's not the time to change. So...

I installed the Incredible FreePBX from iso (http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14942) as this would be closest to their existing system. I did the install at my office, figuring I could apply the static IP and what not there.

Installed the unit at the customer office, and went to set IP and DNS. Running system-config-network, when I try to save, the script crashes. So, I try to set edit resolv.conf by hand. Go to save and I get "Error writing resolv.conf: Permission denied". Hmmm, I am root....

So, I try chmod 777 resolv.conf Get chmod: changing permissions of `resolv.conf': Operation not permitted

Ok... This is probably a noob unix question, but what am I doing wrong?

I did try sudo chmod.... no good

Reaction score
Ok.... I'll answer my own question (web searches are a wonderful thing). Used chattr - filename

all fixed.

But - why was the immutable enabled in first place during the install. Strange

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.