TIPS Incredible Fusionpbx project starting with pbxinaflash whitelist?

DigitalDaz

Reaction score
@stuck,

The error you are describing usually indicates that FreeSwitch has not started. FreeSwitch must be started when going through the GUI part of the install as the paths for your FreeSwitch install are retrieved from the running instance. This allows the FusionPBX installer to work for multiple platforms where the paths are different.

The cause of the problem is usually that the Debian installer script uses systemd to start the service and a number of different virtualisation types do not use systemd.

Your best bet it to actually give us a shout in #fusionpbx on Freenode, someone will get you fixed up and its relatively easy. We also have a new unofficial forum at http://www.fusionpbxforums.com

Also make sure you are running the latest release, it was only made a couple of weeks ago but its very polished now: https://www.fusionpbx.com/app/www/download.php

Make sure to choose postgres as the DB, sqlite performance is appalling. Hope this helps

billsimon

Reaction score
We also have a new unofficial forum at http://www.fusionpbxforums.com

Great. It's about time. Does the author approve of the forum?

Last time I participated in the IRC and asked some specific and technical questions about FusionPBX I was given short answers and told to attend training.

My sense was that the main "support" was on IRC so that help is not documented and more traffic is driven to the official paid support and training sessions. Call me a cynic.

Make sure to choose postgres as the DB, sqlite performance is appalling. Hope this helps

Sounds like a total switch from when I set it up about 8 months ago. sqlite was best, local postgres was reasonable, remote postgres had me tapping my fingers waiting for the web interface. Is a remote database supported?

DigitalDaz

Reaction score
Bill, you are pretty spot on, in my opinion with the documentation stuff and no the forums are very far from having the approval of the main developer. He seems to be the only one against it and it seems pretty much for the very reasons you stated.

Over the few years I have used it, a lot of us have wanted more thorough documentation but what is and isn't allowed into the official docs is strictly controlled so as not to compete with the official training. There came a point though where I became sick of people being pointed to the official training who were simply asking for a way to back up the system. Now I've already pissed on my chips by making the forums, you can be sure there will be much more to come including videos on advanced and hidden stuff etc.

If anyone needs to try it and gets stuck, give me a shout in the FusionPBX channel, I'll get you working. :)

stuck

Reaction score
DigitalDaz,
I just found the the fusion forum yesterday, and registered. Thanks for starting that.
Anyone on Fusionpbx have a favorite billing platform?

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I also found that forum a short while back, a week ago I setup a cloud server at OVH, I used the install instruction from the forum for Debain 8 and it was an easy install, up and running with no problems, although it was hit almost emedeately by the bad guys trying to register, I installed Travelling man3 and all was locked down, I have it setup for 2 tenants/domains which is very easy 1 trunk which both domains can use for outgoing/incoming. I have phones registered to both domains, I like so far what this has to offer, a great gui with IVR and CDR, with this being the year of choices I think this is something worth looking at. This is a step learning curve like XiVO is and more so because it's Freeswitch but it may be worth it. I encourage others to take a look and coment as to what they see.

Gary

stuck

Reaction score
I also found that forum a short while back, a week ago I setup a cloud server at OVH, I used the install instruction from the forum for Debain 8 and it was an easy install, up and running with no problems, although it was hit almost emedeately by the bad guys trying to register, I installed Travelling man3 and all was locked down, I have it setup for 2 tenants/domains which is very easy 1 trunk which both domains can use for outgoing/incoming. I have phones registered to both domains, I like so far what this has to offer, a great gui with IVR and CDR, with this being the year of choices I think this is something worth looking at. This is a step learning curve like XiVO is and more so because it's Freeswitch but it may be worth it. I encourage others to take a look and coment as to what they see.

Gary
I have one setup on Vultr (base config) under Debian 8. Been running solid for past 5 months w/ 2 tenants but very little traffic. Never had any issues with the server. Did a load test with ~8 calls into a conference room and it worked flawlessly with <20% cpu usage.

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
FusionPBX is a great project. There are a lot of things about it I really like. Multitenant is about as straight forward as you can get.

So he did a pretty good job with everything imo. Only thing is that I prefer working with Asterisk. Don't know why but I just do. I have tried to love freeswitch but I just can't get there like I can with Asterisk. Mostly little things but they all add up.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.