PIONEERS Incredible Fax for Ubuntu with Incredible PBX install

l4cky

Reaction score
I think you just need to update that CDR module (and others) via Module Admin.

sorry my bad, wrong screen shot:

I mean this one

2ptqsl0.jpg

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
Latest version of Avant Fax is from 2010, many years before FreePBX had signature checking.

l4cky

Reaction score
Latest version of Avant Fax is from 2010, many years before FreePBX had signature checking.

Thank you for the detail.

I have a technical question, but I am not sure if you can answer me.

When fax is received or sent, I received the email with a normal template:

Code:
Fax: OK

To: 95147316650
Fax ID: 16
Pages: 1

[URL='http://www.avantfax.com']AvantFAX[/URL]

Do you know where I can edit the template? Such as I want to add a link in the footer beside avantfax, or edit, or remove any stuffs? Or even add some lines. Which template is it? Thanks!

lakecoder

Guru
Reaction score
Please let me know if I should post this in a new thread, but in a new Ubuntu 14.04 install, running apt-get update/upgrade fails or stalls out with...

libpam-systemd:amd64 (204-5ubuntu20.10)
mysql-server-5.5 (5.5.41-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)
rsyslog (7.4.4-1ubuntu2.5)

which then causes these dependencies to fail:

mysql-server
pulseaudio
pulseaudio-module-x11

I ran the updates since I'm trying to install Incredible Fax 11 to this new IncrediblePBX 12 system.

I've searched the forums extensively, and tried things like the FixAptIssues.sh script, but to no improvement.

The system was still functional until I ran the incrediblefax11_ubuntu14.sh script. That blew out the db altogether. I'm certain this current incarnation is hosed, but could anyone tell me exactly how to install Incredible Fax 11? Should I /not/ first apt-get upgrade, as the incrediblefax11 script pleads me to first do?

Thanks

lakecoder

Guru
Reaction score
Hi Jay,

Sorry I should have mentioned that I tried that. Now that I need to start over (again), could you (or anyone :) tell me precisely what order things like:

/root/FixAptIssues.sh
and then the dpkg-divert sequence

should be run? Things seem hyper-dependent on the order things are updated.

Thanks!!

Edit: Just for completeness I re-ran the dpkg-divert sequence again, then apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade. Still stalls at libpam, mysql-server-5.5

root@incrediblepbx:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
linux-generic linux-headers-generic linux-image-generic
The following packages will be upgraded:
linux-libc-dev
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
6 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 778 kB of archives.
After this operation, 3,072 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main linux-libc-dev amd64 3.13.0-48.80 [778 kB]
Fetched 778 kB in 0s (910 kB/s)
(Reading database ... 102876 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../linux-libc-dev_3.13.0-48.80_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking linux-libc-dev:amd64 (3.13.0-48.80) over (3.13.0-46.79) ...
Setting up libpam-systemd:amd64 (204-5ubuntu20.10) ...

start: Job is already running: systemd-logind
invoke-rc.d: initscript systemd-logind, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing package libpam-systemd:amd64 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Setting up mysql-server-5.5 (5.5.41-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) ...

start: Job is already running: mysql
invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing package mysql-server-5.5 (--configure):
Setting up rsyslog (7.4.4-1ubuntu2.5) ...
The user `syslog' is already a member of `adm'.
Skipping profile in /etc/apparmor.d/disable: usr.sbin.rsyslogd

start: Job is already running: rsyslog
invoke-rc.d: initscript rsyslog, action "restart" failed.
dpkg: error processing package rsyslog (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-server:
mysql-server depends on mysql-server-5.5; however:
Package mysql-server-5.5 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package mysql-server (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of pulseaudio:
pulseaudio depends on libpam-systemd; however:
Package libpam-systemd:amd64 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package pulseaudio (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of pulseaudio-module-x11:
pulseaudio-module-x11 depends on pulseaudio; however:
Package pulseaudio is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package pulseaudio-module-x11 (--configure):
Setting up linux-libc-dev:amd64 (3.13.0-48.80) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
libpam-systemd:amd64
mysql-server-5.5
rsyslog
mysql-server
pulseaudio
pulseaudio-module-x11

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

l4cky

Reaction score

synack

Guru
Reaction score
are you running the apt-get update and upgrade in the middle of the divert sequence?
The first part of the sequence basically causes the "start" that failing to always return true. run the update, then fix it back with the remainder of the sequence.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
Hi Jay,

should be run? Things seem hyper-dependent on the order things are updated.

Put the diversion in place, enter 'dpkg --configure -a' and let that finish configuring the outstanding packages to be configured, then do the 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y' and then remove the diversion. That's what always works for me.

lakecoder

Guru
Reaction score
Ok... starting afresh I was able to use the divert sequence & successfully get all of the apt-upgrade to install. Then I ran the incrediblefax11_ubuntu14.sh script, which ended with this...

You must Reboot now to bring Incredible Fax online.

Press any key to reboot or ctrl-C to exit

Please wait...
PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57

PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try 'mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.
* Stopping MySQL database server mysqld [ OK ]
* Stopping web server apache2 *

* Will now restart
Following reboot, http://<server ip>/avantfax is working fine, however http://<server ip>/ is just a blank page (I verified it worked fine pre-fax installation). Ideas?
thx!

lakecoder

Guru
Reaction score
Thank you hwdsl2 - that solved that issue. jay - the incrediblefax11_ubuntu14.sh script was downloaded in mid December and has a date of 11/1/2014. I was not aware it had been updated. In light of the below, should I start over and download the script again?

I created an inbound route for a dedicated-fax DID ("Voip.ms Fax") with a custom destination of "Fax (Hylafax)". Calling this DID produces this:

-- Executing [763XXXXXXX@from-trunk:5] ExecIf("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "0 ?Set(CALLERID(name)=612XXXXXXX)") in new stack
-- Executing [763XXXXXXX@from-trunk:6] Set("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "CHANNEL(musicclass)=default") in new stack
-- Executing [763XXXXXXX@from-trunk:7] Set("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "__MOHCLASS=default") in new stack
[2015-03-24 14:33:16] WARNING[3202][C-00000004]: func_channel.c:560 func_channel_read: Unknown or unavailable item requested: 'reversecharge'
-- Executing [763XXXXXXX@from-trunk:8] GotoIf("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "0?macro-hangupcall") in new stack
[2015-03-24 14:33:16] WARNING[3202][C-00000004]: func_callerid.c:910 callerpres_read: CALLERPRES is deprecated. Use CALLERID(name-pres) or CALLERID(num-pres) instead.
-- Executing [763XXXXXXX@from-trunk:9] Set("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "__CALLINGPRES_SV=allowed_not_screened") in new stack
-- Executing [763XXXXXXX@from-trunk:10] Set("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "CALLERPRES()=allowed_not_screened") in new stack
-- Executing [763XXXXXXX@from-trunk:11] Goto("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "custom-fax-iaxmodem,s,1") in new stack
-- Goto (custom-fax-iaxmodem,s,1)
-- Executing [s@custom-fax-iaxmodem:1] Answer("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "") in new stack
-- Executing [s@custom-fax-iaxmodem:2] Wait("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "1") in new stack
-- Executing [s@custom-fax-iaxmodem:3] SendDTMF("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "1") in new stack
> 0x7fad74019d00 -- Probation passed - setting RTP source address to 208.100.39.53:16536
-- Executing [s@custom-fax-iaxmodem:4] Dial("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "IAX2/iax-fax0/s") in new stack
[2015-03-24 14:33:18] WARNING[3202][C-00000004]: app_dial.c:2421 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'IAX2' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)
== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
-- Executing [s@custom-fax-iaxmodem:5] Dial("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "IAX2/iax-fax1/s") in new stack
[2015-03-24 14:33:18] WARNING[3202][C-00000004]: app_dial.c:2421 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'IAX2' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)
-- Executing [s@custom-fax-iaxmodem:6] Dial("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "IAX2/iax-fax2/s") in new stack
-- Executing [s@custom-fax-iaxmodem:7] Dial("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "IAX2/iax-fax3/s") in new stack
-- Executing [s@custom-fax-iaxmodem:8] Busy("SIP/Voip.ms Fax-00000004", "") in new stack

== Spawn extension (custom-fax-iaxmodem, s, 8) exited non-zero on 'SIP/Voip.ms Fax-
00000004'

Not sure if these peers should all be null & offline?

incrediblepbx*CLI> iax2 show peers
Name/Username Host Mask Port Status Description
iax-fax0 (null) (D) (null) (null) UNKNOWN
iax-fax1 (null) (D) (null) (null) UNKNOWN
iax-fax2 (null) (D) (null) (null) UNKNOWN
iax-fax3 (null) (D) (null) (null) UNKNOWN
4 iax2 peers [0 online, 4 offline, 0 unmonitored]

Jay Deal

Reaction score
lakecoder - Nano all 4 of your modem files in /etc/iaxmodem. These four files create the symbolic link between Ubuntu and iaxmodem (by creating virutal modems) and also link iaxmodem to Hylafax and Asterisk. Determine what the password is in each one, they should all be the same. Then go into iax-custom.conf file through the configure edit function of the FreePBX gui and remove the modems in there that don't have the same password as what you had in the /etc/iaxmodem files. You should end up with only 4 modems, zero through three. You have to do this because you reran the installation script and it will over-write the modems in /etc/iaxmodem but it will simply add more modems to the iax-custom.conf file that Asterisk uses to permit communication from the iaxmodem program. After you fix the iax-custom.conf file, restart iaxmodem and hylafax and do an amportal restart. Check the iax status like you did previous. You can also check the modem status (i.e. is it communicating with Asterisk) by entering 'iaxmodem /dev/ttyIAX0', 'iaxmodem /dev/ttyIAX1', 'iaxmodem /dev/ttyIAX2' and 'iaxmodem /dev/ttyIAX3' at the command line to insure you are getting a good registration with Asterisk.

lakecoder

Guru
Reaction score
Jay Deal - I started over. This time I downloaded the most recent (I think) fax script (12/3/14). I am 100% sure I only ran it once, after updating all apt and all modules. The passwords all match in /etc/iaxmodem and match (exactly 4) fax modems in iax-custom.conf. Regardless, I get:

root@incrediblepbx:/etc/iaxmodem# iaxmodem /dev/ttyIAX0
[2015-03-24 19:55:49] Modem started

[2015-03-24 19:55:49] Cannot open /etc/iaxmodem//dev/ttyIAX0.
(for all 4) and
incrediblepbx*CLI> iax2 show peers
Name/Username Host Mask Port Status Description
iax-fax0 (null) (D) (null) (null) UNKNOWN
iax-fax1 (null) (D) (null) (null) UNKNOWN
iax-fax2 (null) (D) (null) (null) UNKNOWN
iax-fax3 (null) (D) (null) (null) UNKNOWN
4 iax2 peers [0 online, 4 offline, 0 unmonitored]

Jay Deal

Reaction score
I just read closer upstream, are you trying to use the IncredibleFax11 for Ubuntu on an Asterisk 12 install? I don't know if that works and I've never installed Asterisk 12 yet. From what I've read, there are some differences that might explain your troubles and I don't recall seeing reference to an IncredibleFax12 script.

Jay Deal

Reaction score
If wardmundy says it works then it should. I've never upgraded to Asterisk 12 so I hadn't really paid attention to that install script. It's a struggle now as there are SOOOO many IncrediblePBX choices at this juncture that I can't keep track. I didn't have this problem 6 months ago. Maybe someone who has done a 12 install can speak with more authority so I will bow out of this.........................

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.