NEW Incredible 16-15.2 for CentOS 7

kenn10

Reaction score
@jerrm: The scuttlebutt I've heard about FreePBX 15 suggests that they have almost 2 man-years of programming time invested in just the backup & restore module trying to get imports from FreePBX 13 working properly. I think @kenn10 and I are probably the first and only folks that are actually shaking the kinks out of it.

We need fewer bystanders and lurkers and more active participation in testing this distribution!
:banghead:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
@jerrm: The scuttlebutt I've heard about FreePBX 15 suggests that they have almost 2 man-years of programming time invested in just the backup & restore module trying to get imports from FreePBX 13 working properly. I think @kenn10 and I are probably the first and only folks that are actually shaking the kinks out of it.
And bless you for it (sincerely., not in a "bless your heart" context).

I'm not naive. The more negative scenario of "it's not distro, so we don't care" may well be the final result, but give them the chance to show their true colors either way.

kenn10

Reaction score
The tickets I submitted to Sangoma have been reviewed by Kapil Gupta and assigned a priority of Sprint10 (whatever that is.) He wants me to email him my backup file but since it is 103Mb, that's a non-started.

EDIT: Sprint10 ends August 19, 2019 according to the ticket system. There are 20 issues in the sprint of which 19 remain unresolved at this time.

Here's a link to their white board of issues in Sprint10:

Last edited:

jeffmac

Guru
Reaction score
Ward - the problem with WinSCP is - of course - the "Win" part. That's because Windows is not case sensitive, so file.WAV and file.wav are equivalent syntax ....

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ward - the problem with WinSCP is - of course - the "Win" part. That's because Windows is not case sensitive, so file.WAV and file.wav are equivalent syntax ....

Jeff

Thanks. I think we have that one solved now since we grab the voicemail files on the Linux side from the original FreePBX 13 backup file.

Eliad

Reaction score
Is there a plan to make Incredible Fax 16 work correctly? I have a working iPBX 13.13 with Fax. I would like to upgrade it to 16.

Eliad

Reaction score
Following kenn10 advice i am reporting another bug.
I did a restore today and when I go for Reports - Asterisk info I get this error.2391

Aaron Outhier

Santa's helper (subordinate Claus)
Reaction score
Just tried this out on a Vultr cloud server. Phase 2 hangs at "connecting to http://wget/" . I suspect this is due to a typo on line 442 in your install script: you specified "wget wget https://...". When I removed the superfluous wget, it started working again. I am still running Phase 2 as I write this.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just tried this out on a Vultr cloud server. Phase 2 hangs at "connecting to http://wget/" . I suspect this is due to a typo on line 442 in your install script: you specified "wget wget https://...". When I removed the superfluous wget, it started working again. I am still running Phase 2 as I write this.

Thanks, @Aaron Outhier. Not sure how that crept in, but it's fixed. now.

kenn10

Reaction score
I did a restore today and when I go for Reports - Asterisk info I get this error.View attachment 2391
@Eliad , I had the same problem. I went to the module admin screen, uninstalled the Asterisk Info module, hit the "Apply Config" button, then reinstalled the module. That fixed the error and it works now.

Eliad

Reaction score
@Eliad , I had the same problem. I went to the module admin screen, uninstalled the Asterisk Info module, hit the "Apply Config" button, then reinstalled the module. That fixed the error and it works now.
thanks, it worked

billsimon

Reaction score
We need fewer bystanders and lurkers and more active participation in testing this distribution! :banghead:

:clap:

The tickets I submitted to Sangoma have been reviewed by Kapil Gupta and assigned a priority of Sprint10 (whatever that is.) He wants me to email him my backup file but since it is 103Mb, that's a non-started.

EDIT: Sprint10 ends August 19, 2019 according to the ticket system. There are 20 issues in the sprint of which 19 remain unresolved at this time.

"Whatever that is" is the Agile software development process, which would be good to read up on (just Google for it) so that you can understand and not be frustrated by it (I say as one who is often a little impatient at how the process works). You should be happy it's in the sprint. That means it will be worked on. Some tickets will sit in backlog for a while. A two-week sprint is standard. I can't tell whether you feel August 19 is a quick response or a slow one, but be happy: it's a pretty quick turnaround for tickets just recently submitted.

billsimon

Reaction score

Be sure to submit to issues.freepbx.org

Why am I harping on this?

Whether you use IncrediblePBX exclusively, it still has FreePBX as its upstream source and you should submit there so that I-PBX, FreePBX open source, and FreePBX distro benefit.

Posting on a forum isn't really a bug submission and personally I think Ward should use Github for distribution of his scripts as well as issue tracking but I'm pretty sure he's already considered it.

kenn10

Reaction score
"Whatever that is" is the Agile software development process, which would be good to read up on (just Google for it) so that you can understand and not be frustrated by it (I say as one who is often a little impatient at how the process works). You should be happy it's in the sprint. That means it will be worked on. Some tickets will sit in backlog for a while. A two-week sprint is standard. I can't tell whether you feel August 19 is a quick response or a slow one, but be happy: it's a pretty quick turnaround for tickets just recently submitted.
I am familiar with the Agile development process. Until I went back and saw what Kapil had assigned to the ticket, I wasn't sure if Spint10 was going to be months out or not. I was happy to see the time frame of 2-weeks and happy that there were only 20 tickets on it (of which 5 are mine.) I uploaded my FreePBX 13 backup to him so that he can restore and see the issues up close and personal.

Scanning the tickets they have, I was surprised there were not more for FreePBX 15. Perhaps we're the first to really put the legacy restore to the test.

Perhaps the FreePBX 15 development prospects are not as grim as some of us thought. Time will tell.

Aaron Outhier

Reaction score
Is anyone else having troubles removing unneeded modules? I have tried a few times to remove endpoint manager, and a few others. The process seems to cause PHP to barf some error. It happened late last night. I didn't make a screenshot.

kenn10

Reaction score
Worked for me. I uninstalled it first and then removed it without issue.

Aaron Outhier

Reaction score
It is the uninstall phase that is causing me grief. Centos 7, Incredible PBX 16.15 on a public server, with Ward’s go-public script.

It is now 2 AM. Good night.

Reaction score
Greetings fine peoples! I just spun up a CentOS 7 VM and followed the instructions here for installing Incredible PBX 16 LITE for CentOS 7. I didn't see any errors during the install (ok, no I didn't watch every line of code crawl up the terminal window), and everything seemed just fine. Unfortunately, upon rebooting, I notice a few things that are odd/not working. The first is that fail2ban is failing to start, as evidenced by the graphic below:

Furthermore, when I try to go to the pbx web page to login as admin, I get the generic Apache landing page:

A final oddity is in trying to set the admin password. I get the following result:

Code:
This script changes your admin password for FreePBX 2.11 access.

Enter new admin password (MAKE IT SECURE!!): blah123blah

admin password will be changed to: blah123blah
Press ENTER key to continue or Ctrl-C to abort...
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
Done. Use browser to access FreePBX at http://

WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX behind a secure firewall.
root@pbx:~ $

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.