NEW Incredible 16-15.2 for CentOS 7

kenn10

Reaction score
@wardmundy, I don't see the outbound caller-id lookup code in extensions_custom.conf. I don't know if this is something you want to include by default. I have this code in my older extensions_custom.conf but I don't see it in the new IncrediblePBX16-15. The forum screen is not letting me insert it as a code list here.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Enchilada Amore: It’s Incredible PBX 16-15 for CentOS 7
DOg2jX0UQAAbPFM.jpg

Reaction score
@David Foxworth That’s my Monday project. Any hints or gotchas?

Not too bad... I went to this URL https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/ and selected Redhat Enterprise Linux. There will be two files instead of one to grab for CentOS 7.

Installed with this command:
rpm -Uvh mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.16-1.el7.x86_64.rpm mysql-connector-odbc-setup-8.0.16-1.el7.x86_64.rpm

The library files and UNIX socket connection file are in different locations as detail in the code below:

Code:
[MySQL-asteriskcdrdb]
Description     = asteriskcdrdb MySQL ODBC
Driver          = /usr/lib64/libmyodbc8a.so         <---------------  Different location for drivers
Socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock        <---------------  Socket connection file in a different location
Server          = localhost
User            = USER
Password        = PASSWORD
Port            = 3306
Database        = asteriskcdrdb
Option          = 3

Otherwise pretty straight forward...

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Does 16-15 support your "public PBX" conversion script yet?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you're an Android user, check out the terrific new VitalPBX Communicator. Works flawlessly with Incredible PBX. Second only to 3CX Clients.

D_moGCCUYAAjw52.jpg

Last edited:

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Isn't FreePBX 15 still beta? Why use it, other than just for playing around? Especially now that the entire future of the project is kind of up in the air.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@kyle95wm and @tbrummell: Here's the pioneer edition of the PUBLIC implementation for Incredible PBX 16-15. Be sure to log out of any registered extensions before proceeding. Also make sure to change their registration domain to point to the FQDN of the server, NOT its IP address or those extensions will get banned by Fail2Ban. See previous tutorial for details. TIP: anyNode OVZ7 servers are a steal at $12/year. Testing one now.

Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/go-public-16-15.tar.gz
tar zxvf go-public-16-15.tar.gz
rm -f go-public-16-15.tar.gz
./GO-PUBLIC-16-15

Holler if it smokes.:sifone:

Last edited:

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, I'll take a stab at it tomorrow morning, or this evening if the wife doesn't mind me having geek time.

billsimon

Reaction score
Isn't FreePBX 15 still beta? Why use it, other than just for playing around?

Same reason anyone would move ahead to a new version... fixes and features. New UCP is great! Backup/restore are supposed to be vastly improved, though I have not tested.

Especially now that the entire future of the project is kind of up in the air.

You don't say... :rolleyes5:

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Same reason anyone would move ahead to a new version... fixes and features. New UCP is great! Backup/restore are supposed to be vastly improved, though I have not tested.

So in other words it's shinier. If it uses PHP7 that probably makes it worthwhile I guess. However, that last blog post from the guy who is no longer there seems to indicate they haven't updated all the modules yet.

Last edited:

billsimon

Reaction score
So in other words it's shinier. If it uses PHP7 that probably makes it worthwhile I guess.

My sense, as an amateur programmer and somewhat less amateur computer systems person, is that it's now becoming pretty important to get up to PHP 7. Anything built for PHP 5.x nowadays is basically obsolete right out the door. New installs using e.g. Centos 6, PHP 5.x, Asterisk < 16 are riding the LTS but end of the line is coming pretty soon.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We have a rock-solid Incredible PBX platform with proven Asterisk 13 and FreePBX 13 components. There's no need to switch for the time being. Asterisk 16 and FreePBX 15 are experimental for us at the moment. It's a chance to kick the tires. Yes, there are things to be concerned about. Not only is PHP 5..6 coming to end of life, but there are key components in UCP that already are EOL. Now much of the talent pool has left. So we'll see what we see. Either Sangoma will pull things out, or we'll all start looking elsewhere. Either way, the world won't end. Having said all of that, I'm pretty amazed by the quality of both Asterisk 16 and FreePBX 15. Both were built on solid foundations so I don't think there's anything to be particularly concerned about insofar as the stability of the platform is concerned. When 2020 comes around, we can see what's changed and what hasn't. In the meantime, enjoy the ride or choose a commercial PBX like 3CX that is and undoubtedly will remain rock-solid.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
So I have deployed, then added the GP PUBLIC stuff. Since I'm now at work I need to add my work IP to iptables using add-ip, it doesn't work, here is the output, not my actual IP:

Using iptables-restart does not correct the issue...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.