NEW Incredible 16-15.2 for CentOS 7

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Decided to spin one of these Egg's up, what's $30USD, a few lattes and 5 bucks in fuel? LoL Yeah 5 bucks in fuel up here doesn't get you very far either.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Ahhh 40 bucks isn't much to worry about for a year, as long as it has decent performance.

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Be wary with OVH, many of your network neighbors well be voip thiefs, so your network might equally well be blacklisted . . .

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @wardmundy!, I'm using a KVM from FreeRangeCloud.
Be aware, they are blocking (some) SIP traffic from (some) IP spaces. My hardphone on a 70.25.xx.xx IP would not register, but my softphone on mobile in the 161.xx.xx.xx space could. I opened a ticket with them which they confirmed there was some SIP blocking in place, which they add an exception to my IP. Hardphone is now registered. :)

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Am I crazy, or has Paging been removed from 16? I mean the Application is there, but in feature Codes the section is missing....
IPBX 13:

After restoring I13 to an I16 box:

I've tried removing Feature Codes module and Paging & Intercom and adding them again, to no avail...

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
New installation of iPBX16-15 on HostedSimply VPS. Looks good, and the GUI interface seems to function properly. But, on the dashboard in the "System Overview" panel, the "Mail Queue" indicates that the service is in "flames."

Putting the cursor over this line results in information message: Unknown output from mailq: [["can not chdir(VvarVspoolVqueueV): Permission denied","Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or Trusted User."],78]

How do I resolve this? I haven't configured email services on this yet - but I haven't seen this error condition in other installations (of iPBX13-13).

/Pete./

sortons

Reaction score
Hi,
Repeated install of 16-15 on a CentOS 7.0_64 KVM. Same result - the install phases go through as expected. Then on the first boot after the Wolfram Alpha update completes the pbxstatus comes up with Asterisk and UCP in red.

'fwconsole restart' brings everything back to a temporary normal, until the next boot.

Here is a VNC capture after reboot:

and these are the lines that precede the pbxstatus display:

root@wh:~ $ pbxstatus
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status httpd.service
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status fail2ban.service

Any suggestions or pointers please?

Attachments

• 1566613220783.png
    1566613220783.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 4

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
[edit]
Try adding /usr/sbin/fwconsole restart to /etc/rc.local and see if that fixes things up for you.

Last edited:

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Am I crazy, or has Paging been removed from 16? I mean the Application is there, but in feature Codes the section is missing....
IPBX 13:
View attachment 2402

After restoring I13 to an I16 box:
View attachment 2403

I've tried removing Feature Codes module and Paging & Intercom and adding them again, to no avail...
I forgot I had deployed '16 on that hardware box very early on and see that it does indeed include Paging in the Feature Codes, so I guess the Restore kills paging, or possibly something else did. So now I will at some point deploy the '16 again and reprogram from scratch. Yay.

piaftnt

Reaction score
Hi,

I just started tinkering with ipbx-16-15 and after the first run of the installer I am unable to ssh back in. In troubleshooting this problem I found the following in the install script:
if [[ "$release" = "7" ]]; then
chmod 771 /root
if [[ "$arch64" = "true" ]]; then
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/rpmforge-release-0.5.3-1.el7.rf.x86_64.rpm
rpm -Uvh rpmforge-release-0.5.3-1.el7.rf.x86_64.rpm

I am curious as to why you do the chmod 771 above? It breaks ssh key authentication (I also wonder why you are still using psswd auth for root but that is another discussion)?

In addition why are you still installing the rpmforge repo? It has been dead for several years. See https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge for more info.
FWIW It does not look like you actually install anything from rpmforge. Is it just old cruft?

Thanks for all the work you do on this. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

sortons

Reaction score
Going back to post #210 - adding fwconsole restart to /etc/rc.local does not help.
Otherwise it's stable, but... something is not right.
Any other thought, before a reinstall - that did not solve the issue though. It comes up exactly the same way?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Going back to post #210 - adding fwconsole restart to /etc/rc.local does not help.
Otherwise it's stable, but... something is not right.
Any other thought, before a reinstall - that did not solve the issue though. It comes up exactly the same way?

Try: /usr/sbin/fwconsole restart

sortons

Reaction score
Nope, that still doesn't do anything. I'll wait another few days; maybe some repositories, links or similar are broken from the New York Colo.
Thank you!

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Frustrated. Centos7 16-15.1 as shown in status screen.

I cannot connect to anything outside. Cannot ping even IP Addresses. This is vultr,.

Any help appreciated.server.png

dhoppy

Reaction score
Frustrated. Centos7 16-15.1 as shown in status screen.

I cannot connect to anything outside. Cannot ping even IP Addresses. This is vultr,.

Any help appreciated.

Do you have any notifications/email from Vultr? Maybe they blocked the instance because it was compromised?

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Nope. Nothing like that. If I turn off iptables, everything opens up.
Of course, only did that for a second.
But have run the GO PUBLIC script, all seems fine, except I cannot get any outbound traffic to work.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@w1ve: What entries are in /etc/resolv.conf?? Try: nameserver 8.8.8.8
Then chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf and reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.