NEW Incredible 16-15.2 for CentOS 7

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For our weekend pioneers, we are pleased to introduce Incredible PBX 16-15.1 featuring Asterisk 16, the FreePBX 15 GPL modules, and some incredible enchiladas. I wouldn't put this into production for a few more days. :aureola:

Code:
# install a CentOS 7 minimal platform with 1GB+ RAM and 20GB+ drive
passwd
yum -y update
yum -y install net-tools nano wget tar
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx16-15.1.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx16-15.1.tar.gz
rm -f incrediblepbx16-15.1.tar.gz
# to add swap file on non-OpenVZ cloud platforms with no swap file
./create-swapfile-DO
# kick off Phase I install
./IncrediblePBX16-15.sh
# after reboot, kick off Phase II install
./IncrediblePBX16-15.sh
# add HylaFax/AvantFax (if desired... UNTESTED!!)
./incrediblefax16.sh
# set desired timezone
./timezone-setup
# set admin GUI password
./admin-pw-change
# set admin Apache password for web apps (Reminders, AsteriDex)
./apache-pw-change
# remember to enable TUN/TAP if using VPS Control Panel with OpenVZ
# reconfigure PortKnocker if installing on an OpenVZ platform
echo 'OPTIONS="-i venet0:0"' >> /etc/sysconfig/knockd
service knockd restart
# set up NeoRouter VPN client, if desired
nrclientcmd
# check network speed
wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py
chmod +x speedtest-cli
./speedtest-cli

Lots of new utilities in /root. Default setup is the same as Incredible PBX 16 LITE. Sign up with one of the four providers, order a DID, and you can start making calls immediately.

D_Sp2hOWsAEgSx-.jpg

kenn10

Reaction score
@wardmundy At first try, it looks like it installed OK on Hosting73. I can't access the GUI with the Admin user. I've tried changing the password with admin-pw-change but get this error:

Code:
This script changes your admin password for FreePBX 2.11 access.

Enter new admin password (MAKE IT SECURE!!): test123

admin password will be changed to: test123
Press ENTER key to continue or Ctrl-C to abort...
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
Done. Use browser to access FreePBX at http://

WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX behind a secure firewall.

Also, the interface name is not ETH0 as the script is expecting.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@kenn10 Your MySQL password must be passw0rd with a zero. Re-run mysql_secure_installation first. Interface error is harmless.

Last edited:

kenn10

Reaction score
@kenn10 Your MySQL password must be passw0rd with a zero. Re-run mysql_secure_installation first. Interface error is harmless.

I ended up re-spinning the VM and started over. It worked this time. The dialog for setting up the MariaDB is a little confusing. I'm beginning testing now. One thing that has jumped out to me is that extension 701 is registered to something. Is that intentional?

Code:
Name/username             Host            Dyn Forcerport Comedia    ACL Port     Status      Description
701/701                   xx.xx.xx.xx      D  Yes        Yes         A  5097     OK (39 ms)

Last edited by a moderator:

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
So... with the @dicko changes above, /etc/rc.d/rc.local should be adjusted to:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# THIS FILE IS ADDED FOR COMPATIBILITY PURPOSES
#
# It is highly advisable to create own systemd services or udev rules
# to run scripts during boot instead of using this file.
#
# In contrast to previous versions due to parallel execution during boot
# this script will NOT be run after all other services.
#
# Please note that you must run 'chmod +x /etc/rc.d/rc.local' to ensure
# that this script will be executed during boot.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local
sleep 5
/usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart
wait
sleep 5
/usr/sbin/fwconsole stop
wait
/usr/sbin/amportal start
wait
Don't forget: chmod +x /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Well, this was still hit-and-miss in getting all of the Asterisk and FreePBX components started on bootup. The problem (as the rc.local comments make clear) is you can't force rc.local to run last under systemd. You CAN get such control with a systemd service which asterisk/freepbx currently is not. So... we're reworking this to create a new incrediblepbx.service that will run fwconsole last and start things up properly. Once again our apologies for having to endure watching how sausage is made. Stay tuned...

kenn10

Reaction score
Well, this was still hit-and-miss in getting all of the Asterisk and FreePBX components started on bootup. The problem (as the rc.local comments make clear) is you can't force rc.local to run last under systemd. You CAN get such control with a systemd service which asterisk/freepbx currently is not. So... we're reworking this to create a new incrediblepbx.service that will run fwconsole last and start things up properly. Once again our apologies for having to endure watching how sausage is made. Stay tuned...

@wardmundy For some reason, I have not had that problem. Both Asterisk and FreePBX start correctly when I reboot the VM. In fact, I have not found any issues in my early testing. Again, I've got a 4MB, 2-core instance running on Hosting73. So far, I haven't broken anything. I've successfully imported extensions, DID's, and blacklist from my IncrediblePBX 13-13.10 instance. I will be continuing to try to break something.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think this was mostly a timing issue on slower servers. Anyway, it's fixed for future downloaders. After bootup, you can expect about a 15 second period during which Asterisk and UCP may not be available. If they show in RED on pbxstatus if you immediately login, just run pbxstatus again and the services should be green if you count to 10 first.

kenn10

Reaction score
Great. Testing continues. I do notice that FreePBX 15 seems a bit more sluggish than FreePBX 13 despite having a VM with more horsepower.

kenn10

Reaction score
Found a bug. Most of the sound files are missing in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en .There was a message that GSM was not loaded due to not being licensed and the default sound files are for GSM instead of ulaw and g722. The sound files did not load.

Code:
root@joecloud3:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en $ ls
agent-login.sln                           dictation-sent.sln                    pbdirectory-first-three-letters-entry.sln
agent-logoff.sln                          enter-filename-short.sln              pbdirectory-if-correct-press.sln
cdir-matching-entries-continue.wav        exited-vm-will-be-transfered.sln      pbdirectory-if-incorrect-press.sln
cdir-matching-entries-or-pound.wav        featurecode.sln                       pbdirectory-welcome-to-phonebook.sln
cdir-please-enter-first-three.wav         followme.sln                          please-enter-your-extension-then-press-pound.sln
cdir-sorry-no-entries.wav                 incoming-call-1-accept-2-decline.sln  speed-enterlocation.gsm
cdir-there-are.wav                        incoming-call-no-longer-avail.sln     speed-enternumber.gsm
cdir-transferring-further-assistance.wav  intercom.wav                          to-change.gsm
cdir-welcome.wav                          line-busy-transfer-menu.sln           to-enter-a-diff.gsm
custom                                    no-valid-responce-pls-try-again.wav   you-will-be-transfered-menu.sln
dictation-being-processed.sln             no-valid-responce-transfering.wav

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@kenn10: I outsmarted myself on that one. We actually use incrediblerestore16 to build the Incredible PBX 16-15 platform, and I was trying to save space by not downloading all the sound files which were already in place. But I forgot I had cleaned out /var/lib/asterisk as part of the incredibleresotre16 procedure. Anyway it's fixed now. THANKS!!

Files can be downloaded here if you need them:
Code:
cd /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en
wget https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/sounds/asterisk-extra-sounds-en-gsm-current.tar.gz
wget https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/sounds/asterisk-core-sounds-en-gsm-current.tar.gz
tar zxvf asterisk-extra-sounds-en-gsm-current.tar.gz
tar zxvf asterisk-core-sounds-en-gsm-current.tar.gz
fwconsole restart

kenn10

Reaction score
No problem. I already loaded the Pat Fleet audio files and its running well. The testing continues.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@kenn10: The original config was missing the pieces to make voicemail transcription work. Those now have been added and the GUI settings adjusted accordingly. Also a major blunder in assigning the original extension passwords. You might check to be sure yours don't start with secret=. All fixed up now. I think it's about ready for prime time.

kenn10

Reaction score
@kenn10: The original config was missing the pieces to make voicemail transcription work. Those now have been added and the GUI settings adjusted accordingly. Also a major blunder in assigning the original extension passwords. You might check to be sure yours don't start with secret=. All fixed up now. I think it's about ready for prime time.

@wardmundy Hopefully, you can likewise spin out a non-enchilada version that leaves FreePBX in but does not have all the other "whole enchilada" features if you don't want them. Now you could have "Lite" without FreePBX, "Basic" with Asterisk, FreePBX, TM and other security features, etc., then the "Whole Enchilada" with all the other stuff like voice transcription, weather forcecast, etc., that not everyone needs.

For both the basic and enchilada versions, I'd recommend leaving out the pre-programed IVR, ring group, and extensions but leave in the trunks. That's just my opinion for variations after the bugs are fully worked out of this release.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@kenn10: I'm still scratching my head about a LEAN version. Our download stats show less than 1 in 25 people chose the non-Enchilada version in 13-13.10. The easiest remedy to remove the Enchilada features is simply to rename extensions_custom.conf and reload the dialplan.

The preconfigured extensions so that calls can be received and made by simply signing up with a provider has been a huge hit on the LITE platforms so I'm also wondering if it's worth removing this feature when all one has to do is delete the 5 extensions and ring group if they aren't wanted.

kenn10

Reaction score
@kenn10: I'm still scratching my head about a LEAN version. Our download stats show less than 1 in 25 people chose the non-Enchilada version in 13-13.10. The easiest remedy to remove the Enchilada features is simply to rename extensions_custom.conf and reload the dialplan.

The preconfigured extensions so that calls can be received and made by simply signing up with a provider has been a huge hit on the LITE platforms so I'm also wondering if it's worth removing this feature when all one has to do is delete the 5 extensions and ring group if they aren't wanted.

Fair enough. That's basically what I had done. I've wiped my VM and am doing a fresh install of IncrediblePBX 16-15 now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Reaction score
I noticed that the ODBC stuff was missing from the script, was that intentional? I manually installed it and configured, but was just curious if that was overlooked...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.