SOLVED incredfax2/hylafax installation issue

gotallie

Reaction score
The appears to be a problem with the "install-incredfax2" install script. I have tried 4 completely clean installations with purple and brown starting with the pbxinaflash20644-i386.iso build and the Avantfax shows "ttyIAX0 [Please wait]" for all "modems".
After two very long frustrating days I finally started to capture installation error messages and found this during the Hylafax portion of the incredfax2 installation which blazes by during the installation process:
-----------------------
FATAL ERROR: /var/spool/hylafax/archive does not exist or is not a directory!
The directory /var/spool/hylafax/archive does not exist or this file is not a directory. If
the HylaFAX software is not yet installed you must do so before running
this script. If the software is installed but is configured for use in
a different location than this script expects then the software will not
function correctly.
Hylafax is now setup
-------------------------
There are many other errors but this one appears to be the deal breaker. The rest may go away when this is resolved. There are many directories missing from /var/spool/hylafax that are normally found in a functioning system and the permissions are 0755.
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
I really don't want to go back to a much older build of piaf for this installation.

gotallie

Reaction score
I tried that but errors are generated right out of the box like:
ERROR Dahdi Seems to have failed to compile!
This install will continue but you may have to hand compile Dahdi! Please check the /var/log/install-green.log
Press ENTER to continue!...

And:

ERROR Asterisk green seems to has failed to compile!
This install will continue but you may have to hand compile Asterisk!...

Time is precious and I don't have the time right now to chase installation errors. So I am going to find an older ISO and wait until the dust settles on these newer versions.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If PIAF-Green fails, it's because the digium.com site is dead. All the other flavors will fail as well. It's the same repository.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just downloaded and installed PIAF-Green. As of 2 p.m. EDT today, it installs just fine. If it doesn't work for you this afternoon, then you've got a network problem, not a PIAF-Green problem.

Reaction score
Ward, any thoughts when this might be resolved. Am too installing on Purple (which I had before).

Kind of using Purple as my stable production install, especially since it still works reasonably well with the Aastra XML scripts.

Thanks
Scott

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
boeingpilot and gotallie: We've modified Incredible Fax 11 so that it now can be installed with PIAF-Purple and PIAF-Brown as well. Good luck!

Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblefax11.sh
chmod +x incrediblefax11.sh
./incrediblefax11.sh

Reaction score
Trying it now, thanks Ward!

(update) - I let the script run with defaults. Appears to be up and running, Avantfax showing modems idle.

This install will be replacing an old T_ixbox install, so need to find some time to move trunks and extensions over for testing.

Thanks again, looks good so far

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.