NEED MORE INFO Incred PBX / GVSIP / 2 hosted PBX , nothing works?

dekkaroni

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I like to think Im somewhat computer savvy, and that I can follow directions, but I seem to have failed. :(

I setup a hosted pbx 13-13 LEAN as my GVSIP1 SERVER on HiFormance. followed the instructions listed here, http://nerdvittles.com/?p=26445

Then I have another cloud hosted pbx 13-13 Lean on Vultr for being my CLIENT PBX . Installs vis SSH both seemed to go fine, I can get the gui up, the status screen, I read and followed the directions several times, and did reinstalls and again followed the details carefully and it seemed to go fine.

I whitelisted both server ip's to each other , as well as my public facing ip where my Yealink t48s sits behind a dhcp router doing NAT. I got the OAUTH GVoice token and its showing as registered on the HiFormance GVSIP1 cloud pbx

Now, being that this is all new to me, and my first time doing any of this, and my first time trying to get a Yealink T48S to connect to anything, there could be and probably are multiple problems. So Ill try to isolate them a bit.

Is there a way to verify that the GVSIP1 cloud server and GVSIP HOST server are correctly "trunked" to each other. The GVSIP HOST dashboard shows 1 trunks registered, and the GVSIP1 shows 2 trunks offline

This seems wrong to me, but im a newb.

If this is all correct, I then have the problem that I dont seem to be able to get my Yealink T48s to connect using it setup as an extension in the GVSIP HOST using the server ip and pass I setup for the user and extension.

The tutorial is a bit confusing in regards to the end where it says to setup the GVSIP Inbound Call route to an "extension or" on Client PBX, and then afterwords there is a Homework Assignment to setup an extension on GVSIP HOST by creating another trunk, and routing your inbound and outbound for the extension to this. So it leaves the assumption that you need to actually route the GVSIP HOST inbound to route to your trunk for the extension.

Anyway, after struggling with this for 2 days now, my brain is fried, and im convinced that something is wrong somewhere, and I need help. Hopefully some kind soul with fresh synapses can help guide me.

best, and thanks to the community for all these great tools and resources,

dekkaroni

Reaction score
apologies , i thought this was the forum to ask questions and seek support from the community for specific issues that may be encountered. Or is my question to messed up for anyone to understand?

maybe there is a company that provides hosted pre configured systems for GVSIP? I thought thats what I was creating on my own, but . crickets.... :(

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Welcome. It is the forum for help, but help is not instantaneous. Part of the problem is your initial post is almost undecipherable. What exactly are you trying to do and what is not working? Are you simply trying to connect a Yealink phone to GVSIP-Host so that incoming GV calls go directly to the phone and calls from your phone go directly to the GV trunk? If so, why are you mentioning your other PBX at Vultr??

dekkaroni

Reaction score
Thank you for responding, and I apologize if my context of time was too impatient. I guess its true that with a smaller audience, responses would be less frequent.

First of all thank you for your tutorials, as I do believe they are well done, but perhaps I am misreading something.

conceptually, the tutorial seems to suggest that you need (2) different PBX installs to successfully setup GVsip etc. This is in your language of a GVSIP Host, and then Client PBX. The context being someone has a pbx in their house already and so they just setup another one in the cloud at the vendor you suggest, and they will be ready to go.. Since I dont have a home machine setup , I setup the 2nd hosted platform to act in that capacity for myself thinking that would suffice as if it were in my house, and then I could connect with my sip phone. Also, when I did try to follow the tutorial ,using only one machine, the very last step is not possible, as it then pops up an error showing that your GV number already is assigned to an inbound route. This is initially what led me to believe you needed the 2 machine setup.

so, I guess step 1, do you need two systems running incredpbx to do this? one in home, one in cloud? therefore is it possible to do with 2 in cloud only?

many thanks

Last edited:

weenus500

Reaction score
I'm happy to report my incrediblepbx/asterisk is back to functioning after the tumult created a few weeks ago when google eliminated xmpp. I thought someone might like some happy news here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.